THE RAMBLINGS OF A 52 YEAR OLD WHO'D LIKE TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE WITH HER WORDS

Thursday, June 24, 2010

No Scale = Can't Fail (This is not a blog post for the weak of stomach.)

Once again I'm in Calgary, ran off with my husband and my grandson for a visit with my family in Didsbury, and then swims at the hotel with Zayin while Grandpa went to his meetings.  That means no scale, so like the title say, can't fail today.  Yay. 

Todays Question:  "Have you ever noticed that you make your plans and then your plans make you?"

I planned swimming fun with my grandson, his little body decided throwing up at 5am was the plan. I planned a nice sleep, silly me.  The puking ended, and then exit point number two, (pun intended) worked a little overtime as well, three diapers changed in less than two hours.  Phew!  Zayin is now sleeping and I'm writing, the roofers are keeping me awake.  Yay we got the top floor, boo, they are roofing.  The whirring noises, the footsteps, the pounding, and then those odd noises I can't explain are all very effective tools for roofing and keeping hotel guests awake.  I found the nice letter apoligizing after we were checked into our top floor room. 

Grandpa got to meet the nice security man who brought us clean bedding and towles at 5:15am, he also got to wash out and wipe up the puke, Grandma has never had the stomach for that.  Oh the plans that change and the adventures they bring.

The plus side, just because I like to be positive.  Did I mention I don't have to weigh, no scale.  Big plus. 
Snuggles with Zayin cause he didn't feel good....huge plus.
Grandpa was with us so Zayin didn't have to help Grandma while she got sick when he did.  His mommy very often cared for me when I'd get sick.  Sadly I could only stand outside the door and ask her if she was ok when she did.  No point in both of us throwing up...I haven't changed. Thanks Tessa...I heart you.
I'll order breakfast from room service.  I'm sure the pukey smelling room won't make me lose my desire for a breakfast someone else cooked.  :)
I don't have to clean the sheets and towels Gord tossed in the closet.
I don't have to open the closet....wow...gigantic plus.
I'm so grateful for diapers...huge plus.
Biggest plus of all...Zayin and I will lay on this kingsized, very comfy bed, eat our breakfast and relax while we listen to the roofers until it's time to drive home.  I love his snuggles.

My Prayer:  "Lord help our little Zayin to feel better and please settle his little tummy.  I'm not just praying for the sake of my car...but I'd rather it always smelled like leather.  Thank you for healing and for answering prayers...you rock."

Be Blessed with a Wonderful Day
 

1 comment:

  1. I'm pretty sure I would have failed my test entirely if I had been taking care of Z during my cram time. Thanks for taking the bullet!

    ReplyDelete