THE RAMBLINGS OF A 52 YEAR OLD WHO'D LIKE TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE WITH HER WORDS

Friday, October 30, 2009

Peaceful Mornings

I have found that writing my blog first thing in the morning is best.  I have a fresh mind, no clogging from the busyness that a day can bring, and no weariness either.  It is a good thing to have a fresh mind and I love the peaceful feeling that the quietness of morning holds.  You have no idea what the day will bring but something about the morning stirs hope.  I love that.

I am holding at a ten pound loss and that makes me very happy.  I have given in a little, to those boxes of candy that sit in my coat closet waiting for the trick or treaters.  Who knew you could eat just one or two of those and be satisfied.  Not me that's for sure.  I'm thinking the children who come to my door are going to get a good handful of those so I'm not tempted to dive in and get lost in the leftovers.  That's the scariest part of Halloween for me, will I or won't I fall into the pit that is my huge stainless steel bread making bowl filled with goodies.  Oh, God help me.

I have discovered that you are never more aware of the temptation that food brings as you are on holidays.  I think it's the awareness that everyone else will be eating candy and chocolate until their tummies hurt, and I'll be missing out that bothers me. 

Todays Question:  "Does it make any sense to feel like you are missing out on a stomach ache?"

Answer, yes and no.  I told you I'd be honest with you.  I want to eat no less than one of each different candy/bar/chips that will be in that bowl.  And I can tell you I miss the days when my kids were little and we could dump their filled pillow cases out and seek out our favorties.  Maybe I wasn't the best mother, I let them eat alot of candy from those cases.  How could I say no to them while I was stuffing my face and smiling with excitement.  I mean joy must be shared, seriously people. 

Food really does make people feel happy, it can't be denied.  At least during the process, the guilt usually comes after the stuffing.  Once the pain truly sets in and the discomfort clears the mind, you know you've gone too far.  And that my friends is what I hope to avoid this Halloween. 

God bless you with a wonderful day.

1 comment:

  1. I've been putting off buying the candy for the very reason that I know I will eat too much of it. I guess I should go get some today.

    ReplyDelete