THE RAMBLINGS OF A 52 YEAR OLD WHO'D LIKE TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE WITH HER WORDS

Sunday, October 18, 2009

Turn it On!

Life is like a lightswitch, we have power but we have to be turned on.  This morning I'm feeling like I forget sometimes that I flip the switch.  I wait for the miracle of weight lose, okay it's a stretch but for me losing weight seems like a miracle.  I'm waiting for a change but I want it to come without me having to move towards it.  I want results that I'd rather not work for. 

Todays Question:  "Does anyone else do what I do?  Look for results with little or no effort.

It's confession day, I wanted water weight to be the cause of my weight gain, I knew I was overeating but don't you agree that water retention sounds better.  I was happy this morning when I weighed for two reasons, I didn't gain any weight, and it's that time of the month.  Now that does not make most women happy, but for those of us who have gained weight without reason, as a result of this monthly occurance, you understand my joy.  It felt like a reason to celebrate, mabye this is a factor...time will tell.

I feel this morning that I have power, but I'm not accessing it.  What good is a light switch if you are standing in the dark and can't find it?  What good is power that is not accessed?  The answer, no good.  I want to change, God is my power source, He's willing to help me, He speaks and I ignore.  He instructs me and I don't listen.  I know that I may seem stuck on this point, I blame myself.  Slow to hear, slow to listen, slow to respond.  This weight loss is going slow, I'm up then I'm down, back up, back down.  I do everything fast...except lose weight, I can gain it as you have heard in no time at all.  I tell you friends, this is my mountain and I'm scared of heights.

So, there it is.  Scared of heights, scared of success, scared of being thin.  It's back.  Like a bad smell in the fridge you can't find, it's back.  I wish this was something I could put bleach on to remove its smell but it lingers.  A long time ago God showed me that garbage stinks.  I was looking at my life and wondering why I kept repeating patterns.  He told me I could put my garbage in a nice scented bag, I could press my garbage down, and I could put nice smelling deordizers on it, but Jenny He gently said...garbage stinks.  It must be taken out.  And that is the definition of why I'm going so slow, I don't want to take my garbage out, I'm used to the stink.

Now what?  I press on.  I keep looking, I keep trying and I don't quit.  That is what I would have done in the past, just quit.  It's easier.  Or so I thought, what I have missed in the past is that I'm the person I'm cheating, I'm the person who is missing out.  I want to be free of this and yes I'm used to the smell but I have to tell you...I want a new smell.  One that does not stink but one that reminds me of the fragrance of Jesus.  The smell of life and a future and a hope.  That "is" what I want. 

I have power, God given and freely given, to enable me to overcome any and every obstacle.  I've been through way worse things than needing to lose weight.  I'd be wise to remember that.  Forgetting what is behind me and pressing on to the freedom God gives.  I pray God helps us all to remember we have power...turn it on!

Be blessed with a wonderful day.

No comments:

Post a Comment