THE RAMBLINGS OF A 52 YEAR OLD WHO'D LIKE TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE WITH HER WORDS

Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Short and Sweet!

I almost forgot to write today, how rude.  I'm happy to report that I am still 10 pounds down and I did not gain back the weight I lost fasting, like I thought I would.  What a pleasant surpise that was.  I feel good about this process, although it is hard at times.  I have truly decided it is time, and for the first time in way too long for this fifty one year old to remember, I believe I will succeed.  That is a great feeling.

The snow this morning reminded me of how refreshing new seasons are, and this new season of actually doing what I've been saying I was going to do for years, is equally as refreshing.  I feel a new sense of hope and I feel lighter on the inside and on the scale. 

I have been surprised by how very much I am enjoying blogging this process, beleive me that was not my initial reaction.  Horror, would be a good definition.  I have gotten so many wonderful comments and so much support from people I know and from people I don't.  I can't believe how many people have visited my blog and I am flattered to say the least.   Truly, this work is enjoyable.

Todays Question:  "Why did I wait so long to get serious about my weight?"

I have no good answer, but I do think that sometimes I'm afraid of my own success and I need to stop that.  God has given us all gifts, I seem reluctant to use them, I pray that we will all be able to see that God does indeed want us to prosper in all areas of our life...and no I'm not a prosperity preacher.  I do believe that the greatest blessings have nothing to do with money, my family and friends are evidence of that fact. 

So thank you all, I am so blessed and so happy to be finally committed to the process.

God bless you with a wonderful day.

No comments:

Post a Comment