THE RAMBLINGS OF A 52 YEAR OLD WHO'D LIKE TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE WITH HER WORDS

Friday, October 23, 2009

Seeing a difference.

When my kids were little all three of them would come running from any room in the house to watch the ABC laundry soap commerical.  Some wonderful man was comparing ABC soap to Tide, stating as he held up two very white shirts, one washed in Tide and one washed in ABC, that he did not see a difference, then he would ask, "Do you see a difference?"  The answer, "Price, price is the difference."  Now I have no idea why this commercial so fascinated Calvin, Tessa or Gordon, but they seriously raced to watch it.  Then Tessa and Gordon in their funny little language would say, "I don't see a bifference, do you see a bifference.  Price, price is the bifference."  Calvin and I would both laugh and off they'd all go back to their play until it came on again.  It was so cute.

Today's Question:  "How does that relate to weight loss?"

Answer, I'm the same on the scale today, okay down a half pound but we don't count those so, the same.  But I see a difference.  I feel it in my clothes, see it in my face and I plain and simply feel lighter, and yet that scale is reminding me of the ABC laundry soap man stating that their is no difference, when I know there is.   ABC laundry soap was not as good as Tide, however, it took a couple months of using it to figure that out.  The results right after you used it were the same, it took time to reveal that the clothes were not coming out so white.  And that is what I think the scale is doing, appearing the same but I know it's different and time will reveal that I am indeed lighter...not whiter...but lighter.

Exercise, did she or didn't she?  Yes and no.  I did not do a set routine, I did however chase, carry and follow Zayin around for the better part of the day.  Exhausting and so much fun.  Everytime I have that little cutie I lose weight, this time it was only a half pound, in the past it's been one.  So I count that as exercise because by the end of the day we are both ready for bed.  He's an expert at climbing stairs, I'm not.  He keeps going, Grandma has to rest.  Thank God for Grandpa and Christan, they helped.

I also want to say, to all my very encouraging friends, that price does not make the difference in this case, but your support and encouragment do.  I am so blessed by your kind words, your input, thanks Shannon/Cynthia for the tips on exercise, thanks Christan for the flowers and note, thanks Gordon/Chantel and Tessa/Dave for teaching me, thanks Misty, Lana, Lucie, Kathy my niece, Keli, Scott, Joanna, and so many others for praying and encouraging me.  I can't tell how much whiter and brighter you make me feel.

Be blessed with a wonderful day.

2 comments:

  1. Oh Jenny! I am so proud of you & love your blog. You are such beautiful example of God & His love. Your obedience & many special gifts are sweet fragrances to Him. You are a wonderful inspiration to me & my family. Keep writing & expressing your heart - it ministers to many of us.
    As you so often say....Love you 4ever:)Wendy

    ReplyDelete