THE RAMBLINGS OF A 52 YEAR OLD WHO'D LIKE TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE WITH HER WORDS

Saturday, October 24, 2009

Results!

I'm down a pound, that makes eight.  I feel a bit like a repeater since I've been here before but I sure enjoyed all that African food.  So no whinning, that's my policy.  I'm sure my wonderful weight loss is due to the exercise I did with my BFF yesterday.  It's her birthday on Monday and since we can't be together we made her celebration Friday.  What does that have to do with exercise?  Let me tell you.  We walked almost a whole block from Earls to Spasation, and be prepared, we also walked from the parking lot at winners to Second Cup, maybe aother half a block.  I'm surprised I didn't lose two pounds with all that exercising. 

Todays Question:  "Are you laughing at me?"

I hope not.  I realize that may not seem like a huge feat, but trust me, I'd have driven from door to door on both occasions in the past.  My motto had always been, "Why walk if you can drive?"  It was a sound motto.  I am however striving to do more and so once again I'm taking baby steps.  I told you I hate exercise and I wasn't allowed to say that word when I was growing up so it's almost a swear. Sorry about that.  I'm grateful to Lucie for her willingness to walk with me, it didn't seem like work with her at my side.  And that brings me to todays point.

If you have someone to walk with life is just so much better.  Doesn't matter if it's a husband or a friend, a son or a daughter, a brother or a sister, a horse or a dog.  It's just so much nicer to have a friend along as you journey.  My husband used to work out of town and one night after a horrible feeding frenzy I sat in my chair wondering why I had eaten so much.  Every once in a while when I ask questions God answers.  He said I was lonely.  I was shocked.  My kids were in their rooms, I'd just finished talking to Gord for an hour or so on the phone and I could have phoned or visited with any one of the wonderful people in my life.  What did God mean when He said I was lonely?  I knew what God was saying was true but I couldn't wrap my head around why I'd be lonely.  I'm not sure I've figured it out yet but I'll give it my best.

I have discovered over the years that a person can be in a room full of people and still feel alone.  It's that sense that no one completely understands you, no one has figured out who you truly are.  And that my friends can leave you feeling lonely.  Honestly, I'm not sure I want anyone to know me that well so I take responsiblity for my lonliness on those rare days when I feel like that.  I'm thankful they are rare.  However, they have a value that I fear I could miss if I didn't pay attention.  That value, for me, is realizing that no one fully knows me except God.  If I'm truly being honest with myself I don't even know the potential I have, or who I truly am for that matter, since God is at work in me daily and He can change a person in an instant, I have no idea what the end result will be.  So I'm glad we have a sense of lonliness that no one can fill.  I'm glad that God reserves a place in us that only He can occupy. 

When I'm lonely I focus on the words of Christ, "I will never leave you nor forsake you."  He would not have said that if He didn't know I'd feel it.  He knew we would all feel lonely from time to time.  He wanted us to be sure that in spite of what we felt from day to day, He "is" and "always" will be walking with us. He will perfect us one day and I just know that it will not happen here.  Not an excuse to quit, motivation to press on.

So thank you Lucie for walking with me, and thank you Jesus for giving me so many beautiful people to journey with.  Above all, thank you Jesus for never leaving us, no matter how we feel.  I absolutely love you.

Be blessed with a wonderful day.  Remembering you are "never" alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment