THE RAMBLINGS OF A 52 YEAR OLD WHO'D LIKE TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE WITH HER WORDS

Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Struggling!

It's been one of those days where I'm struggling to find the motivaiton to write and I think I'm having what I like to call a "crash".  I define that as a day when I hit the wall.  Crash works for me because that's what it feels like.  I'm lacking energy, zip, and that pizzaz stuff that for some reason reminds me of pizza.  I love the english language, even when I kill it.

Todays Question:  "How do you motivate yourself to take action?"

Answer, you just begin.  I sit here ready to type my blog without motivation and I'm writing, things are flowing.  Not sure where the flow will end but I started and I think that is the key to self-motivation.  Doing what we know we need to do, even when we don't feel like doing it, that would be my definition.  I really just want to put my head down and sleep.  I really want to be fifty one pounds lighter without the work, I really want energy and I don't have it. 

Sometimes I think what we all need is to take a load off and just sit, without guilt and without self condemnation.  Relax and let our minds wander.  Dare to dream, dare to think about what's really going on inside.  I try to avoid that at all cost but today if I was honest, and that is my desire, I would tell you that I don't feel like blogging, I don't feel like cleaning my house, I don't feel like talking, I don't feel like doing anything.  Why?  I'm tired, pure and simple, nothing to complicated about that.  I need to sit in my quiet house, in my comfy chair and just be still.  It's good for my soul.

I am down a pound, that makes me very happy as I'm seeing the weight from Africa come off quickly.  Thank God.  I have to tell you I'm way too tired to rejoice over that with any enthusiasm, I am happy but I can't even stand the thought of bouncing off the walls right now.  I think I want everyone to know that it's okay to be tired.  I think we all need to embrace our own inabilities and realize that we are human and we need rest.  So I'm not going to stop blogging, I will do what  I have committed to do.  But, I don't have to pretend it's always easy just to impress someone.  I can just say, today I was "almost" too tired to blog.

I love getting older, it truly does make you wiser, at least smart enough to know when enough is enough and it's time to rest.

Be blessed with a wonderful and "restful" day.

 

1 comment:

  1. I'm on day two of sit and rest. I thought one day would be enough...who knew I'd need more than one? And who knew there were more people in the world needing the exact same thing. Today I am thankful for the grace to rest.

    ReplyDelete