THE RAMBLINGS OF A 52 YEAR OLD WHO'D LIKE TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE WITH HER WORDS

Friday, October 2, 2009

Spa Day

Don't hate me...rejoice for me, I'd do the same for you if you were having a spa day.  I got a gift certificate from my husband for my birthday back in August and I've been saving it.  I knew I was going to Africa and I'd need the hair, the toes, the face, the eyebrows and the massage, before I was the key note speaker.  It does not matter what country you speak in, you should look good when you do it. I must represent our Country looking my best, not over done but done. 

Today's Question:  "What does that have to do with weight loss?"

Answer, lots.  I'm so glad that I am ten pounds lighter (again), I'm so glad that when I want to be mad at myself for being so fat, as I look in those wonderful mirrors the hairdresser's have, I can know that I am honestly doing something about it.  Usually I sit there disgusted saying I'm going to do something about it.  Now I am, and that my freinds is liberating.  I'm sure the massage table would thank me for being ten pounds lighter if it could talk.  The lady holding up my leg while I have my pedicure will be grateful, she also won't need to use as much product for my facial, it's one of the first places I lose weight.  And my favorite, I'm getting my hair cut, that should take a quarter of a pound off for tomorrows weigh in, as long as the color dosen't add weight I'm good.  I love spa days.

I have to tell you that for the frist time in my life I actually beleive that I can be slimmer and happier about my weight.  I'm truly rejoicing in where I am now, enjoing the moment as they say.  Not pushing myself to be slimmer faster is so refreshing and pressureless.  I no longer want to fill up to feel better, I simply want to do the work to feel better, physically, mentally and emotionally.  Life is truly so much better when you quit "serving food", and make it serve your purposes.  So much better. 

What do you really want my freinds?  I don't have the answer, I can tell you that for me, I really wanted to feel like my life was my own again.  I didn't like spinning around out of control looking for food to fill me up when that was something only I could do.  God has given us choice, I made some bad ones.  God has allowed us to make our own way, I chose a path that neglected this wonderful gift I have...my body.  What a treasure I now realize I have.  Better late than never.

Have a wonderful and blessed day.

No comments:

Post a Comment