THE RAMBLINGS OF A 52 YEAR OLD WHO'D LIKE TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE WITH HER WORDS

Saturday, October 31, 2009

Getting the Opposite of what you deserve.

So last night was my cute little grandson's Zayins, birthday, dedication and potluckdinner.  It was so much fun.  I was certain after eating way too many yummy things that I would be faced with at least a one pound gain.  I told my girlfriend Lucie, and my friend Scott that I'd be writing about my gain today, and alas, I'm happy to report I did not get what I deserved.  I stayed the same, ten pounds down, no gain.  It's practically a miracle, if you'd seen the yummy things I ate you'd agree. 

Todays Question:  "Was I about to lose another pound?"

It's a good question, maybe I was and that would explain this weird result.  I honestly expected to be up, I'm so happy I'm not.  So now I have to defeat my mind as it tells me I could easily eat the chocolate bars and chips that are waiting for those tricker treaters.  I'm a firm beleiver in the statement, history repeats itself, I have gained and lost several people over the years dieting, so I know I'm a repeat offender.  If I"m not careful getting away with eating too much one night could turn into two, and who knows what horrid read the scale would give me tomorrow.

Speaking of horrid things,I have never quite understood why some people love to be scared, for me, facing the scale in the morning is about all the fear I want to deal with in a day.  I love everyday the Lord has made, they all belong to him. I like the wonderful positive side of Halloween, I'm not so fond of the scarey things.  I don't get the movies, the awful blood and guts costumes, or the cruel pranks, but I have decided that this day like all others is the day God has brought forth, and I rejoice in that.

I pray you all have a wonderful and very Happy Halloween and that all good things come to your door.  I hope you are reminded, like I was this morning, that God is full of grace, He has never given me what my actions would deserve.

Be blessed with a wonderful day.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks Jenny for all your great questions in each writing. Totally honest & very thought provoking. Some questions stirring in my mind today are...Why does the time seem to go by so quickly (Happy Birthday Zayin)when we watch our little ones grow & yet seem to take so long when we decide to lose some weight? Why do I battle with eating more than I should of the not so good stuff & yet say no to eating the good? Keep it up Jenny...praying for you too. Have a great day & evening tonight. I wonder if I will get weird looks from people today at work, if I wish them a "Happy All Saints Day" for tomorrow - Nov. 1st?! I don't think that Thanksgiving was even have focused on in our store than Halloween is this year! God Bless...WM

    ReplyDelete