THE RAMBLINGS OF A 52 YEAR OLD WHO'D LIKE TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE WITH HER WORDS

Monday, October 19, 2009

Oh Happy Day!

Each day is a blessing so no matter what the scale says this morning I'm calling it a happy day.  I've got nothing to lose and everything to gain.  How's that for a weight lose slogan?  I'm slowly finding my way back to eating less and I'm seriously thinking about adding exercise to the mix once again.  I said, "thinking", boy do I hate exercise.

We have just purchased a four acre farm minutes from Beaumont.  It is the orginal farmhouse from 1932 of a well know family in our growing community.  I'm hoping that I will find my way to a more active lifestyle as we plan to have no less than two horses, cats to prevent mice, dogs to prevent intruders of all kinds and enough shops for Gord to add to his already extremely large collection of tools and junk.  (Do not tell him I said that "j" word.)  There is almost 3 acres of lawn, the property is surrounded by beautiful trees of many kinds, I will have a large garden and even a dugout for ducks and swans if I choose.  My point, we are forcing ourselves into a much busier lifestyle.  So exercise of the "not" so boring kind will become a huge part of my life as I mow lawns, garden, horseback ride, feed and groom animals of all kinds and snowmobile and dirt bike my way into the land of fitness.  I can look forward to that.  Until then I'm going to labor away at some form of exercise, right now flexing my legs in my recliner counts.

Todays Question:  "Why can't we be like the Europeans and walk or ride bikes everywhere?"

Answer, 40 below. 

I took the trip up the stairs to the scale and I'm down a pound.  Yipee!  I'm back to baby steps again in this process but thanks to this blogging and the commitment I made to write it, I'm not quitting so baby steps are a good thing.  I've discovered it's hard to come back to something and be as committed to it as I was before I took 12 days off.  I may have to get an I-Phone or a Blackberry so I can blog in every country.  It really does make a difference for me, turns out accountability is a contributing factor for my success.

I hope the next few days find me newly committed and back on the path I was on before I went to Africa.  I pray God gives us all the strength we need each day to choose life abundantly.  I truly want to move into a new dimension of freedom from the things that have bound me.  Oh...wait, I bind myself.  God help me to recognize the ropes sliding past my belly to my throat.  Did I say sliding past my belly, I meant being forced.  I need to stop binding myself, I no longer want to be a slave to food..."I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength."  And so can you!

Be blessed with a wonderful day.

3 comments:

  1. Excellent, encouraging post. Thanks :-) And CONGRATS on the house... can't wait to see it!!!

    I'm trying to get some of your committment to rub off on me... And I also want to move to a new dimension of freedom from the things that bind me as well. Thanks for writing... Keli

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are way too sweet Keli. Thanks you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. been missing the blog - glad you are back - and TOO COOL about the farm!! ... Vanessa

    ReplyDelete