THE RAMBLINGS OF A 52 YEAR OLD WHO'D LIKE TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE WITH HER WORDS

Sunday, February 21, 2010

Chocolate Dippped Comfort

Yesterdays battles are todays posts, that's my new lesson learned.  I wish I was writing that I stopped myself from having the chocolate dipped cone from the Dairy Queen, I didn't but I do know exactly what I was doing and why. 

Todays Question:  So what do you do when the self-talk does not go in your favor and you are in charge of the self...and the talk for that matter?

I'm fully aware of why I'm eating...STRESS.  No question I'm a little anxious about my husbands upcoming surgery.  It's going to happen on Tuesday, we check him into the hospital on Monday.  I don't like things outside of my control and so I'm desperately trying to control everything I can.  You would think that after the chocolate cone confession that I'm out of control.  Not!  I knew excactly what I was doing, had a whole conversation with myself before during and after that cone.  Didn't care.  Boy do I have attitude.

I was going to get a small dipped cone and then I showed my mind...I ordered a medium.  Every last bite was spectacular.  I want you to know I didn't completely lose it, I was staring at the menu in that zoned out state, thinking I should order a burger and some onion rings.  Snap, I settled for the med cone.  There remains hope for this stressed-out/emotional eating maniac.

I am not going to weigh for the next week, will be in Toronto with my husband so no scale.  Rats!  Did that seem sincere?  I hope not because I'm not going to miss that scale.  I didn't weigh this morning because I knew I'd be up, it's not because of the cone, I'm once again swollen from the back to back flights so I'll be weighing a day or two after we get back.

I will be writing, not sure about how often. I plan to take this time away and use it to do some self-analyzing.  I'll let you know how that goes.  I'm sensing a need to look a little deeper...it seems to be time for me to do some soul searching.  Praying God goes ahead of us and prepares our way, Gords physical needs and my internal ones are the priorities for this week.

Be blessed with a Wonderful Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment