THE RAMBLINGS OF A 52 YEAR OLD WHO'D LIKE TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE WITH HER WORDS

Monday, February 8, 2010

No Pain, I Said No Pain!

I have remembered why I'm not to fond of exercise, every muscle in my body hurts and I was certain I had no muscles left.  Ouch.  Hurts to go up the stairs, that is from getting on the stool to paint, then getting off the stool for more paint...up, down, up down.  Arms hurt when I move them in any and every direction, add the shoulders and neck to that, all from paint strokes.  Back hurts, although I have to admit it feels way more flexible, from all the bending.  Feet hurt, simply because I'm on them more, I do favor the recline position.  Butt muscles hurt when I walk, I think it's a combination of bending and climbing.  And last but not least, my hands hurt from holding little paint pails and brushes, oh I just love tying paint in.  I didn't mean that. 

Todays Question:  "Do you like that quote, "No pain, no gain." ?

I sure don't, I prefer my own, "No pain, no pain."  It's so much better, feels great not to have pain.  I have another question, why is it that everything we do to improve our health comes with some measure of pain.  I mean those hunger pains are not pleasant, I think they "may" be worse than the physical pain that comes after exercise.  I know they both pass with time and I'm counting on that, I just would like it if the way I felt the first day when I was painting, was the way I felt by the second day.  I'd like to eat less and not feel like my stomach was stuck to my backbone, while my body adjusted to a serious lack of food.  Okay I'm not lacking any food, let's keep it real.  My point, nothing ...just felt like whining.

Okay I have a point.  I think it must be human nature to want a result without the effort, or pain.  I think I need to stop whining and start rejoicing.  I can move, I'm in good health, I'm blessed with strong and healthy bones, I am remarkably flexible for my age, I have some sore this's and thats but overall, I am in perfect health.  Praise the Lord.  I can go upstairs soak in my wonderful jacuzzi tub, climb back into my warm and comfy bed, sleep knowing that I'm safe in God's arms, get up and find food in my fridge, call any number of the wonderful friends and family I have, should I need someone to whine to about my pain, and last but not least, I am loved and I love.  I'm so fearfully and wonderfully made, I'm so blessed.

No pain, no pain.  No gain, no gain.  I am reminded of Jesus, so much pain for my gain.  Boy do I have a lot to learn.  Thank you Lord.

Be blessed with a Wonderful Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment