THE RAMBLINGS OF A 52 YEAR OLD WHO'D LIKE TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE WITH HER WORDS

Sunday, February 7, 2010

Time For Everything

I love that scripture, it lets me share things in my time, embrace things in my time, forget things in my time, forgive in my time, love in my time, etc.  Obviously I should be quick to forgive, guicker than I am at times that is for sure.  I should love all the time but don't, I am working on that.  I find that time gives us something we need in the most important areas of our lives, love, forgiveness, happiness, sadness, anger and host of other emotions our wonderfully designed brains allow us to feel.  Time helps me process. 

Todays Question:  "Do any of you wish like I do that closing your mouth and waiting for the appropriate time to speak was something you did...all the time?"

Contrary to my question I didn't offend anyone recently, at least not that I know off...time and this blog may change that.  I just found myself thinking about time.  People often say that time heals all wounds.  I hate that expression and yet I love Ecclesiastes 3 and how it defines the times for everything under the sun.  It's beautiful to consider that the plan is in place for my life and the times are set.  I grapple with the timing but I trust that God knows the reasons for the times.  I am glad that time isn't the healer of my wounds...God is.  I realize that time passes in the process but that sentence, time heals all wounds, cuts short my need to feel, to process and to search for the deeper messages that can only be found in pain.  I wish that I learned so clearly from my joy as I do from my pain. 

I have a time set to heal, yes indeed, but the healing and how much time passes depends on me.  If I'm looking for the passing of time to heal me I will stay in my sorrow.  If I'm looking for God to heal me I'll find my way every time out from under that sorrow.  There is much to learn in the valley and the mountain top is something that is only enjoyable for a time.  I can look at the remarkable view from the peak for so long and then I get bored, I need to go back down into the valley to start climbing again.  This morning I feel like life is a series of treks up and down the mountain. Maybe that's why I love this scripture so much.

"There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under heaven:
     a time to be born and a time to die,
     a time to plant and a time to uproot,
     a time to kill and a time to heal,
     a time to tear down and a time to build,  (reminds me of my old and now new kitchen)
     a time to weep and a time to laugh,
     a time to mourn and a time to dance,  (God does like dancing and so do I.)
     a time to scatter stones and a time to gather them,
     a time to embrace and a time to refrain,  (Yep, we even get tired of hugs.)
     a time to search and a time to give up,  (It's lost already, let it go.)
     a time to keep and a time to throw away, (Moving really helps this process.)
     a time to tear and a time to mend, (Thanks Gord for mending my tears.)
     a time to be silent and a time to speak,
     a time to love and a time to hate,
     a time for war and a time for peace.

I love that God ...."has made everthing beautiful in its time.  He has also set eternity in the hearts of mankind."

Isn't that a timely message that never ends.

Be blessed with a Wonderful Day. 

2 comments:

  1. Have I told you yet today how much I love & appreciate you?

    -Christan

    ReplyDelete
  2. You hadn't yet Christan...sure glad you did, I feel the same way. :)

    ReplyDelete