THE RAMBLINGS OF A 52 YEAR OLD WHO'D LIKE TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE WITH HER WORDS

Thursday, February 4, 2010

Hotel Happiness

I love it when Gord gets a last minute call to be in Calgary, it translates into one beautiful night at the Hyatt and a relaxing night and morning for me.  The six hours of traveling are worth it.  It's an all expenses paid mini vacation and it was just what I needed.  I can't weigh in this morning, may be one more reason I'm loving it.  I exercised, sauna for sweating off pounds, swam so I could call it exercise and then hot tub to relax those tired muscles.  Ok I didn't sweat anywhere except in the sauna.  I'm on vacation, seriously.  :)

Gord brought me breakfast in bed and I'm happy to report I only ate a few bites of his choices for me.  I asked for a banana an orange and a bran muffin.  I got a muffin, only liked the crusted top, a crossiant, had a couple bites don't need the fat, and an orange.  So instead of doing what I always do, that would be scarfing down every last bit so I don't waste, I just had a couple bites to avoid the hungry, which can lead to panic.  I'm throwing out everything but the orange which I'll keep for the trip home.  I'll go get my own healthy breakfast when I feel like climbing out of this comfy bed.  Could be lunch time before that happens, or not, I have to go sauna and swim for this mornings exercise.  I'm actually looking forward to that.  Perhaps one of you should call a Dr., I may need my head examined.

I have been surprised by how good those two pounds I lost yesterday made me feel.  I didn't notice any difference in any other way besides my mental state of mind.  It was truly a gift that I needed, that little bit of encouragement to show me that I can do this if I will just be patient with myself and not throw in that towel.  I really don't like throwing towels since I have to wash them, may be one more reason I like hotels, don't have to wash the towels I dirty.  Life is good.

I pray today, in any area you feel like quitting, that God would do something wonderful for you to remind you that He is always willing to help you, in His perfect timing, if you persevere.  He will answer your prayers.  I am discovering that I need to heal more than I need to lose weight.  I have got to learn to love every part of who I am and to know that ,with God's help, I can change the parts I don't like.  The good news is that He loves me so wonderfully and so unconditionally.  Now I need learn to love myself so unconditionally. 

Be blessed with a Wonderful day.

No comments:

Post a Comment