THE RAMBLINGS OF A 52 YEAR OLD WHO'D LIKE TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE WITH HER WORDS

Friday, February 19, 2010

Flying Again

This morning I leave for Chilliwack via Abbotsford and although I love the fact that I'll be there in an hour, I'm not to excited about the flying.  Not at all because I'm afraid to fly, I just really dont' want my body to swell up again and flying is the worst for that.  If you have any tips for how not to have your legs swell I'd appreciate them.  I already know to drink lots of water and get up and move around as much as possible.  I'm looking for a miracle cure here people. 

Todays Question:  "Do you love going places but seriously dislike the journey?"

I do and I'm beginning to see how that spills over into so many aspects of my life.  I love to see new places, like Africa, Holland, Egypt, the Ukraine etc.  I've been so blessed to have travelled so much, did I mention Paris and London, for goodness sake Lucie how'd I forget to mention those.  Most of you know I run a Missionary Organization and part of my job description is traveling to see the works our missionaries do.  It has been amazing to see how God moves all around the world.  Okay, I've hardly been a quarter of the way around the world.  My point is; I love to see the places and I HATE the travel.  Not about fear but all about discomfort.  I always swell, I always feel trapped and I always want to yell screaming out the door of the plane after a few hours.  I'm way better on the short trips but those 36 hour flights make me want to hurt someone or something.  I have had to self-talk myself into a more relaxed state on many flights.  Plans to take over the plane and land it on a mountain have formed, I told you...I get crazy.  Thankfully I get to plan when I see our missionaries so I give myself a few years between big trips. 

I want you to know that many of those trips have been hard, the work and the need is great, the finances are usually not.  I can't tell you how blessed we are to be Canadians and to live in a place where we are protected, cared for and fed.  Our expectations are high and trips to third world countries have taught me to be very grateful.  I got side-tracked again didn't I?  I really need to focus this morning, my mind is racing.  I need to and will endeavour to start enjoying the journey fully, not just in part.  I keep learning the same lessons and the application of those lessons is the problem.  Patience is the one word that has comes up the most as I work to make the necessary changes to obtain a healthier and more fit body.  It would appear that the reason I don't like to travel is because it takes too long.  I like arriving....and that my freinds is my problem.  Skinny Jenny Non-Fat 110 Degrees of Hotness French Vanilla Soy Milk Latte please.  Oh...and do not keep me waiting thank you very much. I WANT IT NOW!

Be blessed with a Wonderful Day.

1 comment:

  1. "Safety & Non-Swell Travels Jenny"...great thoughts of encouragement & giggles! <3 WJM

    ReplyDelete