THE RAMBLINGS OF A 52 YEAR OLD WHO'D LIKE TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE WITH HER WORDS

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Directions Please

I didn't get lost or need directions, I am looking for God to direct my steps and lead me to where He would have me go.  This journey is slow and I know that's good because so many of you have told me that when it comes to weight loss slow is best.  Boy have I mastered slow.  I'm still down ten pounds and that is good, but at this rate it will be thirty pounds down by September of 2010 and fifty one by March of 2011, I hope you guys have that much time and I don't run out of patience.  Remember I'm short on that stuff.

Todays Questions:  "Do you like instant results like I do?"

I'm sure a microwave kinda girl when it comes to waiting for things.  I hardly ever use my microwave but it's sure nice to have it when I need it.  It's remarkable to think about how many things in our lives don't come quickly.  Good relationships develop over time, children grow and become your best friends because good parents sow seeds and wait to yield the harvest, gently plucking weeds and redirecting works best.  I have wonderful friends in my life, all a result of both parties investing in each other lives, up and downs, over time.  Bank accounts build over time, mortgages are paid over time.  Random question;  "Why do they spell mortgages with that "t", I mean really I want to read it "mort" "gages".  What's a mort?  Every truly wonderful thing in life develops over time and I want this body makeover to happen now.  Silly me.

It's not very reasonable of me to think that I can quickly change what it has taken me years to build.  I mean I didn't get to be fifty one pounds heavier overnight.  It actaully took me years to pack this fat on.  I find that funny since I can gain five pounds in one long weekend, sad but true.  I can still remember having twenty pounds to lose in my twenties, thirty pounds to lose in my thirties and fourty pounds to lose in my forties and fifty pounds to lose...oh for goodness sake...it's a pattern.  Good thing I stopped the bus.

I think our wonderful human nature runs contrary to what God wants for us and I'm sure glad that God does not run out of patience like I do.  Even my relationship with Him has grown over time, I am often baffled by how much love can grow.  I couldn't have imagined loving Him more, my children more, my husband more, my friends more and yet my love for all the significant people in my life continues to grow.  Just wait until you have grandkids, huge growing field of love.  I have got to learn that time always lies ahead of me and I will never run out of it, thanks to Jesus I'm an eternal being.  That does not mean that I have to listen to my brain, it said I can wait for heaven to be perfected and eat what I want now, sounds just like me.  I don't know how much time I have on earth but I do know I want to be active and moving and not an eighty year old who needs to lose eighty one pounds.  Oh my gosh, could you stand reading this blog for that long?  I sure couldn't so I'm chaning now...when I say now I mean, one day at a time with Gods help and direction. 

Be blessed with a Wonderful Day

1 comment:

  1. Personally I like "more" "gages" too...We could use them all over...gauges for "your full now...stop eating" would be useful...

    ReplyDelete