THE RAMBLINGS OF A 52 YEAR OLD WHO'D LIKE TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE WITH HER WORDS

Thursday, February 25, 2010

Day Four - Checked Out

So happy to report that Gord has been released.  They set him free a day early because the light went on in my brain this morning.  We may be from another Province, which requires a four night stay, but we are staying in Toronto until Saturday and we are minutes away, so three nights required.  So I went in early and we talked to the nurse, she said the Dr. had to release him.  So I walked downstairs with Gord and we asked the administration secretary to tell the Dr. we'd like to see him after he was out of the Operating Room.  We waited till after 4pm  for him to come and the Dr. gave Gord a quick check, list of do and don'ts, and a release.  When I say quick I mean after we paid our bill, then they gave him walking papers.  Gord almost ran.  He was very happy and he is doing very well.  I guess I'm going to have to stop having chocolate almonds for a comfort snack now.  Rats, what was I thinking?

Todays Question:  "Why do I always use food for comfort?"

I need to find that answer and then I'll get this fifty one pounds off quickly.  I was reading a book and it recommended you role play to change bad eating habits.  Act like you are something/someone you want to be.  So this afternoon when I left the hospital for lunch I was a tall fashion model eating my brown rice, vegetables and shrimp.  By the time I left the mall a new role came up, I was an out of control chubby woman with addiction issues following her habit right to Purdy's to get six chocolate almond clusters, it was a role with such depth people.  I couldn't resist. 

I don't know if I'm made for role playing, I'm to fickle, I like to switch roles with a moments notice, even I don't know who I'll be by the time I'm finished.  So for now I'm going to have work out my problems before I can start dealing with someone elses while role playing.  I think that tall model was really a short chubby blonde girl who can ignore the voice in her head, as long as she gets what she wants. 

I haven't been able to weigh and I said I wouldn't miss it and I don't.  I'm feeling good, haven't gone crazy but have had a huge breakfast every morning.  This bed and breakfast thing is great.  I tell them what time I want to eat and then I go sit at the table and they pamper me.  Candles burning, beautifully set table, silver, china, homemade everything, and great company, I could get used  to this.  I have been eating smaller meals for the rest of the day to make up for breakfast.  It's been good to have time to do what I want, I've read, I've watched the olympics, Canada is doing so good, I've had a french manicure, shopped, etc.  What fun.

All in all it's been a great adventure this hernia repair trip to Toronto.  I'm sure Gord would rather I got my rests in some other way that didn't involve surgery for him, but hey, I'm just being a great wife supporting my husband.  I didn't set the visiting hours from 2-4pm and 7-9pm, but it sure gave me lots of free time.  I guess I needed it.

Be blessed with a Wonderful Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment