THE RAMBLINGS OF A 52 YEAR OLD WHO'D LIKE TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE WITH HER WORDS

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Transformations

It has been exactly 64 days since we bought the farmhouse and I can't beleive all that has changed in that house.  I wish that my body makeover was going as well as the house rennos.  For example, two floors have been gutted and redesigned.  Hardwood flooring has been put into the kitchen, dining room, living room, two halls, and all the upstairs bedrooms, oh and one main floor bedroom.  The stairway has been opened, thanks Pastor Bob for that great idea, and the bathroom has been completely redone on the main floor.  Tile has gone into the two entrances and the bathroom, beautiful tile I have to add.  Gord has now put three new lights up and trimmed two door frames, the entire living room and parts of the dining room, he's an amazing rennovater.  I have painted the dining room, living room, laundry room, side entranceway and main floor bedroom, my wrists hurt, but so worth it.  Okay my whole body hurts since I'm usually the clean up crew, but hey I'm trying not whine. 

Last Friday the kitchen went in, the appliances will be delivered today, Park Millwork built the most beautiful kitchen I have ever owned, never mind seen.  And Lucie, as mentioned previously, is the best kitchen designer ever.  Seriously gifted...you'll see soon when I post the pictures.  We even had a huge loader come and plow almost all four of our acres, oh and the once human powered front gate is now a very cool solar powered gate..yup with remote controls.  I now have the power to let people in, or keep them out.  I'm such a control freak.  I must add that my husband has done the electrical, plumbing, mudding, taping and sanding, tiling, some painting and trimming, oh and carpentry work it would take to long to mention.  I know his name is Gord but seriously I think I married that Jack of all trades guy, and he did it all with an inquenal hernia that will be operated on in 13 days.  Was I whining about my body hurting...shame on me.

Todays Question:  "Why can't I rennovate my body as quickly and efficiently as the farmhouse?"

Seriously, it's been almost five months and I've lost thirteen pounds.  I have been doing so much more physically as you can tell, I'd like to see the transformation in me as clearly as I do in our farmhouse.  I will say that I feel stronger, the thing I have noticed about sore muscles is that each day they feel firmer and that remarkably makes me feel kinda super-human.  Ok, somewhat super human in strength but whatever.  I am eating better 80% of the time and when that 20% kicks in I'm still eating less.  Thank God for that. 

I guess I need to remember that unlike the farmhouse I'm working on this transformation alone.  I don't have Park Millwork to take me from nothing to something wonderful in five days, like my new kitchen.  I'm lacking the rip and tear crew that gutted two levels, maybe I do need a personal trainer or two.  Lucie could you work on my design please?  Gord couldn't you rennovate your wife while your at it?  Never mind honey, I can see the problems with that request without drawings.  It's sad but it's true friends, this is my work and although God will help, people support and encourage me, I'm on my own.  This transformation will continue to depend on my choices and actions each day.  I can't wait to post those before and after shots.

Be blessed with a wonderful day.

1 comment:

  1. I'm a mom, a blogger, and a Ph.D. student, and I need your help. I'm doing a study about why women blog, and you have been selected at random to participate in a short survey about what motivates you to blog and what you get out of blogging.

    I hope you will take it by clicking this link. Please do not forward the link.

    http://www.surveygizmo.com/s/231228/women-bloggers

    Thanks in advance for your help. Feel free to contact me at gmmasull@syr.edu if you have any questions.

    Gina Chen
    Ph.D. student
    S.I. Newhouse School of Public Communications
    Syracuse University

    ReplyDelete