THE RAMBLINGS OF A 52 YEAR OLD WHO'D LIKE TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE WITH HER WORDS

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Tessa Was Right - Blasted Edema

Oh I'm so happy to report that my daughter is brilliant, I knew she was but because it had to do with my weight I was doubtful.  So sorry pretty girl.  I am down fourteen pounds once again and apparentley we will not be weighing in after vacations for a least one water filled day...when I say we...I mean me.  Please note this is a new rule.

Todays Question:  "Do you like it as much as I do when you see the results you worked hard for?"

Yes indeed.  That's my answer.  I'm doing this to see results and to drop fifty one pounds, eat better, feel better and be healthier.  I have a plan, a method of attack, a goal and most of the time it feels good to be taking action.  On those days when it does not feel so good, the methods are failing and the fat lady is in no mood to sing, I'll press on. 

For those of you who remember my first post, the one about me wondering who the fat lady was in the mirror image, in bed with my husband, I was once again face to face with that lady and I have to say that she's starting to look a little more like me.  I may not have dramatic numbers to report but I am seeing changes and I'm so glad for that.  My reflection did not scare the beejeebers out of me this weekend and I was pleasantly surprised shopping for clothes, I can now wear shirts that don't have the letter X on the tag.  I suppose if my name was Malcolm I wouldn't mind that, since it's not I find it kinda of offensive.  I mean does 1X really sound better than 18?  Ooops my bad, it does.  Good thing I'm not in marketing.

So, it's a new day and although the fog is present outside it has cleared from my mind.  I truly can..."do all things through Christ who gives me strength."  Yesterday's water retention has taught me that I don't have to eat when things don't go as planned.  In fact, I hope your sitting because this is shocking, not jumping into a bag of potato chips to drown my sorrows was so much better.  I faced the problem head on, grabbed my water bottle and ate sensibly like I had been all weekend.  It would appear that my water gain added something other than weight...some wisdom...I find I always need that.

Be blessed with a  Wonderful Day.

1 comment:

  1. silly girl, i'm always right. you should know this by now :)

    t

    ReplyDelete