THE RAMBLINGS OF A 52 YEAR OLD WHO'D LIKE TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE WITH HER WORDS

Thursday, February 11, 2010

I'm a Hacker

I wish I was talking about the computer hackers, unfortunately I'm referrring to how much I "hack" and cough.  Oh I don't like being sick.  I am trying to see the postive, all this coughing may tone my stomach muscles and I will be counting that as exercise, just so you know.  I am happily taking a break this weekend from home rennos and going to Radium for a well deserved rest.  Gord deserves it more than I do, and in spite of the fact that he's kicking and screaming about the three full days of work he'll miss at the farm, he's given in.  Smart man.

I have maintained a fourteen pound drop and that makes me feel good.  I'm still a little apprehensive about the long weekend but I am tyring really hard not to plan my own demize.  I would love to be twenty five pounds lighter by the summer.  I think that's a realistic goal and I have finally learned that faster is not better when it comes to eating right. I've also learned that setting goals that are attainable is the key to succeeding.  I can't tell you how many times I've tried to lose twenty pounds in a month for a wedding, or a vacation. 

Todays Question:  "Why do we lie to ourselves so much when it comes to weight?"

I wonder what part of my brain shut off when I thought I could lose ten pounds in a week because I wanted to look better in my bathing suit.  I can't imagine who I thought I was kidding when I said I'd start eating right on Monday.  I haven't really beleived one of the New Years resolutions to exercise and lose all the extra weight I had on.  Pick a year, you'd be right if you said any year for the last 30.  Isn't that pitiful?

I love having honest people in my life, I really am not fond of lying and yet I have lied to myself constantly for the last 30 years.  My biggest, you don't mind being fat, you look good.  Let me just say I don't think I look bad, but I sure don't look my best.  When it comes to looking honestly at myself this nursery rhyme comes to mind; Liar, liar pants on fire.  Probably be good if my pants were on fire, at least I'd get off my butt and run.  Okay I'd probably walk but I would get up. 

I really need to stay honest, stop making excuses and move forward.  My results may be slow but they are coming.  I should at least be willing to give myself time to undo what's taken me 30 years to do. 

Be blessed with a Wonderful Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment