THE RAMBLINGS OF A 52 YEAR OLD WHO'D LIKE TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE WITH HER WORDS

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

I Won't Scream

It's taking a lot of effort to post since stepping on the scale this morning.  (Putting computer down....I'm back.)  I had to go weigh and see if it changed in the 10 minutes since I stepped on it last.  I'm sad to say it didn't and I add to my sadness irritation and a little agitation.  I had the first successful long weekend in the history of my life, with regards to how I ate.  I did not eat way too much, over-indulge because it was Valentines Day, or sit on my butt all weekend.  I have gained three pounds and I cannot figure out why...so...I'm going to listen to my daughter, who told me last time I gained weight after a long weekend away, that it was my edema that caused the gain.  I understood gaining weight after that weeekend...trust me.  This one however is a whole different story.  Maybe the hours of sitting and that salty little bag of pretzels...done me in.  I'm going to test Tessa's theory and see if this weight is off by tomorrow...if it's not I'm going to throw something and then I'm going to scream. 

Todays Question:  "Are you okay with getting what you don't deserve?"

I'm not.  I know that life brings alot of things we don't deserve but sometimes when I've done the work, made the effort and good choices, I expect results.  Good ones.  Silly me.  I'm going to try to stay positive because I surprised myself this long weekend and I haven't done that in a while.  I learned that I can control myself.  I also learned that just because it's a holiday does not mean I vacate the premises that is my mind.  I stayed focused this weekend, asked God for help and I got it.  Did not buy stupid things, did not go to the Invermere bakery and eat a half dozen Snickerdoodle cookies.  For Valentines Day I had a small dipped cone and two sours.  Those were my treats and I ate them happily and never felt stuffed or over fed once.  Remarkable isn't it.  I also managed to get some exercise thanks to Tessa and her Wii Dance Party.  A person should play that game once a day, being in shape would not be a issue. 

So...the old me would now eat like a piggy to teach my body a lesson.  The new me is going to see what tomorrow brings forth.  I'll wait and see if my legs have once again retained fluid, wait and see if a good day of lots of liguids, in the water form, flushes my system and puts me back to my 14 pounds lighter weight.  I am not going to react to this news, I'm going to wait.  I'll probably weigh ten times from now until tomorrow, I can be a little obsessive, but climbing the stairs is good exercise so it works.

Here is to tomorrows weigh in....just drank half a bottle of water.  I'm celebrating how well I did this weekend in spite of that stupid scale. 

Be blessed with a Wonderful Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment