THE RAMBLINGS OF A 52 YEAR OLD WHO'D LIKE TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE WITH HER WORDS

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

True But Scarey

So the truth this morning, I'm down another pound which makes me fourteen pounds lighter.  The scarey part, a long weekend in Radium is ahead of me and I didn't want to tell you about that pound so it could be my safety net.  I'm already planning my demize.

Todays Question:  "What can we expect the end result to be if we plan for our failure before hand?"

I know I"m not the only person who does that, seriously.  I can't tell you how many people go on big vacations or small and expect to gain four or five pounds.  It's like a part of the itinerary and the budget plans.  Please tell me what is wrong with us ladies, my husband never even thinks about his weight.  (Except for now because he needed to lose 15 pounds to get his hernia operated on in Toronto at the place of our choice.)  Most men just eat when they are hungry and don't even think about the end results, either end.  Most women think about nothing else. 

I have to confess that if I'm even a hairline off a loss I post the same weight I was the day before.  If I'm a hairline from a gain I'm a sealed vault.  No need to mention that it's not a full pound.  Oh I need work.  I'm not really allowing myself to celebrate when I'm a pound lighter because I'm always thinking, "What if I gain tomorrow, I'll have to post it on my blog."  Question, was it my idea to blog because I'd sure like someone to blame?  I know the answer and since it was God who I felt leading me to do it I'll look at the real problem...me.  I sadly am not very good at believing in myself.  I love believing in God.

So now what?  I'm going to take Gods advice and take one day at a time.  I seem to spend a great deal of time getting ahead of myself and I have to stop that.  It's way too hard to go beyond a day, I know that and still do it.  The word wacko comes to mind.  I'm going to be happy I am fourteen pounds lighter, I think that is the highest drop since I started, a new record.  I'm a regular olympian people...my personal best.  Someone call the Edmonton Journal.

Be blessed with a Wonderful Day.

1 comment:

  1. You are doing wonderfully great, Jenny & I like the living "one day at a time" motto too! Enjoy your time away with Gord, taking time to smell those roses & even being able to treat yourselves to those "tastey treats" once in awhile...you know to replenish your energy & feel good levels! Look how far you've come...baby!! Love & Prayers; WJM

    ReplyDelete