THE RAMBLINGS OF A 52 YEAR OLD WHO'D LIKE TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE WITH HER WORDS

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Cracker Jacks

I'm having one of those days where I don't feel like doing anything but playing games on facebook, I know it's lame but it relaxes me, and sitting.  And I haven't even gotten out of bed yet.  Well I got up to weigh, still happily 15 pounds lighter. 

Todays Question:  "Do you ever feel like you have nothing worthwhile to contribute?"

Thats me today.  Not feeling inspired to write, tried to avoid it once with a failed attempt at going back to sleep after Gord left at 6am.  I dont' even have the energy to go back to sleep.  That is pitiful. 

Do you remember Cracker Jacks?  I woke up thinking about them this morning, hungry maybe, but I remember as a child not being to fond of the popcorn or nuts, but used my small allowance money to buy them so I could get that cheap prize at the bottom of the box.  I used to make myself finish the popcorn to get to the bottom, I didn't like dumping it out and making a mess.  Note to my children, my cleaning disorder started early.  The prizes were better then than they are now, but seriously, I sacrificed Hickory Sticks or Old Dutch BBQ pototoe chips for that stupid toy.  My allowance was 25 cents, that bought me 20 mojo's, 1 coke and either one bag of chips, Hickory Sticks or a box of Cracker Jacks.  You'd be lucky now to get 4 mojos for 25 cents, I got 20 for 5 cents.  Not all change is good...or maybe it is. 

I think that today's message for me is that this day does not feel like it's starting out well, I'm tired, uninspired, lacking energy and wanting to stay in bed.  The sun is not shining, I'm at least hoping for rain so I'm not totally hopeless.  It's counseling day so that means I have to got out, I want to stay in.  The message, today is my Cracker Jack day, not my favorite but I have a feeling there will be a prize at the end.  So I'm going to get up, get moving and see what this day brings forth. 

I'll let you know what I find at the bottom of the box...so to speak.

My Prayer:  "Lord this is the day you have made, let us all rejoice and be glad in it.  We know not what this day will bring forth but we certainly know who holds the day...guide us Lord as only you can...to the prize."  

Be blessed with a Wonderful Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment