THE RAMBLINGS OF A 52 YEAR OLD WHO'D LIKE TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE WITH HER WORDS

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Was It the Salt or the Butter?

Maybe it was both, the good news is that the evidence is gone, I'm two pounds lighter and back to my 13 pounds gone.  That makes me very happy and this morning I woke up with a decision on my mind.  I don't know if that makes sense to you but it happens to me often.  I think about something and know that I need to do it.  So for the next I don't know how long, didn't wake up with a timeline, I'm going to give up white sugar and white flour.  It just feels like the right thing to do. 

Todays Question:  "Have you ever noticed that after you make a decision a flood a thoughts/questions come to your mind?"

In my case, thoughts like, you have alot of white bread downstairs right now, and did you consider that piece of cherry pie you saved for today?  Hello, there is a bowl of chocolate mini eggs downstairs and you work at the mall today, Purdys is at the mall.  Apparently there is sugar in chocolate.  :)
In spite of those thoughts I'm not concerned and I wish I could tell you why?  My only explanation is that when I wake up with a decision I stick to it until I feel released from it.  Weird hey?  Why can't I just make a decision and stick with it?  Don't know.  That is a question I ask myself all the time. 

In my experience these are more like leadings, these wake up decisions, I feel like God is leading me to do something and the amazing part is that I instantly feel strengthened to do it.  Once it happens it does not bother me, all those questions get the same answer, so what.  So what if there is chocolate downstairs, the world will always have chocolate.  So what if I have mostly white bread, I have brown bread too.  Don't care if I walk by ten Purdys and five cherry pies are on my counter, not giving in to them.  Do you have any idea how much I wish I could generate theses decisions, not just for myself but for others?  I sure do, all I can tell you is that I pray often, I ask God for help on a daily basis and then I wait to see what happens, all the while doing what I can to reach the goals I set, working while I wait.  And then one morning I have an answer, today it's no sugar and no white flour.  How long will this last, don't know, not going to worry about it.  I didn't put the decision in my head, so I'm not going to worry about when it's done.  It's in God's hands.  I do not want you thinking that I've lost free will on this issue, I assure you, I can ignore the decision that was in my head, I thought about it for a few moments, it just didn't feel right not to listen.  My question to myself is; "If you've been empowered to let it go Jenny, why wouldn't you?"  My one word answer....Duh!

So, yesterday I said I was thinking about revisiting Jenny Craig, this mornings decision is to follow as I feel led to say goodbye to sugar and white floor.  I will indeed be in need of God's continued lead.  I love to rhyme.

My Prayer:  "Lord help me to be obedient and help us all to hear from You in the areas of our lives that hold us captive.  Set us free and empower us to do your will...for your glory.

Be blessed with a Wonderful Day

No comments:

Post a Comment