THE RAMBLINGS OF A 52 YEAR OLD WHO'D LIKE TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE WITH HER WORDS

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Exercise Balls

I have two.  They are so much fun, I don't like the work part but rolling back and forth over them is such a great way to release the tension that builds in the middle of the back, especially when you sit too much.  I need to go do that.  Were you thinking I had?  I told you I often lie in bed thinking about exercise.  This time I added to my thoughts that if I wanted to avoid the swelling I get every Wednesday morning from sitting all day Tuesday...counselling day, I should sit on a exercise ball.  I'm up a pound and I wish I could completely blame the 3 hours session I had, but honestly, I think it was the Thai food for lunch and Mikado (Japenese) for dinner.  Both healthy but way too good...so someone made me eat too much.  There is a serious overeater living inside of me just screaming to get out.  I can ignore her most of the time, yesterday she was loud and obnoxious, she had to be fed.

Todays Question:  "Do you have a hard time saying no to exceptionally good food?"

I sure do.  It's not hard to say no thanks to more average potatoes or average meat.  It's so hard to say no to curry chicken in cream sauce.  Did you know that the creamy sesame sauce at Mikado has no sugar?  See my friends...life isn't always unfair. 

I'm driving to Lloydminster today to look at a couple of horses.  I'm going to be sitting for hours, that means more swelling. I'm also going to avoid cream sauces today.  I'm not going to beat myself for having them yesterday, I needed something to give me that full feeling.  I think that when you empty yourself physically, mentally or emotionally you go looking for that feeling without realizing it...until it's over and your up a pound.  I forget, and maybe you do to, that when the tank is empty something is going to have to fill it, especially when you have to keep going.  I'm not sure how long it's going to take me to realize that there are better things that I can do.  I knew that I wanted to unwind so I told my son-in-law Dave that I was going to skip the Thai cookiing class and go watch my beautiful horse run around in circles.  I did that, the problem was that my handsome husband was in town so we decided to have dinner first.  He told me he was parked outside of Mikado, he knows I love that food.  Sweet man with a weak wife.  I did something that remotely resembled a protest and then said I'll be there soon order me this.  I knew it was too much for one day, my plan was to find something light to eat and go work with my horse.  I got it half right. 

The quiet time helped me more than the food...shocking I know.  Watching Grundy move, being outside with a beautiful gentle breeze blowing, feeling the sun on my face and letting all the stuff go filled me.  I was better, stronger and once again at peace. 

My Prayer:   "Help us Lord to look to you, to find things that will bring us peace, remember you are in control, leave the stresses at your doorstep and step over them on our way out, knowing that you can and always will handle them for us."

Be blessed with a Wonderful Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment