THE RAMBLINGS OF A 52 YEAR OLD WHO'D LIKE TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE WITH HER WORDS

Sunday, April 4, 2010

Happy Easter

Todays Question:  What would we be without Easter Sunday?

Dead!  And that is the one word answer, no life after death, no eternity, no promise of seeing your loved ones again, no world without suffering, death and pain.  No hope.  And a world without hope is not a land I would want to live in and thank God I don't have.  He came, he died and he defeated death.  And I could never write, speak, sing or express in any way how very much that means to me. 

I pray today that you would fully understand the high price that God paid by coming in human form for us.  Jesus is the reason I keep walking when death seems powerful, I know it has lost it's power.  Jesus is the reason I press on when struggles come, He overcame every obstacle and temptation. Jesus is the reason I live, He has given me everything I need to live my life and live it to the fullest.  I am so grateful.  "In Him I live and move and have my being."

The sun is shinning out my window and the light is exposing the dark clouds above so beautifully.  It is a perfect picture this Easter Sunday morning of what God did for all when His son descended into the darkness that was death.  His light illuminated the darkness and the power that death had was exposed to the light that was life everlasting.  The darkness is present but even as I write the light of the day is fading the darkness of the clouds.  Darkness is present and can always be found in this world but even the smallest light changes it.  I love this verse and I'm sure you will understand why; Revelation 21:23 "The city had no need of the sun or of the moon to shine in it, for the glory of God illuminated it. The Lamb is its light. And the nations of those who are saved shall walk in its light."

"Jesus is the light of the world and in him there is no darkness."  

Truth!  And that's what is so remarkable about Easter Sunday.  He did die, he did rise and death no longer has any victory over us.  Praise God.

Be blessed with a Wonderful Day and Happy Easter.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful. And I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the new pic! Refreshing. Inspiring.

    ReplyDelete