THE RAMBLINGS OF A 52 YEAR OLD WHO'D LIKE TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE WITH HER WORDS

Friday, April 9, 2010

I Knew It

Okay I've visited the scale twice to be sure, I'm up one pound from yesteday's two pound drop.  Blasted scale. Honestly, I don't care, I knew it would happen, you just can't trust a scale.  The good news, I started to self-sabatoge and right after I ate McDonalds french fries for lunch I quit.  :)
I'm a work in progress people.

Todays Question:  "Do you have any idea how many people give in to McDonalds french fries when they cheat on their diets?"

I don't know the exact numbers but I know they are high.  I'm thinking there is some drug in them, oh right, that was Coke.  Silly me.  Not sure what it is but I have to tell you that every one of those salty little fries was yummy.  Second question; Have you ever noticed that McDonalds fries turn into the most disgusting things on the planet when they are cold?  I have, with the exception of the crunchy little ones, they are fabulous both ways. 

Enough about that, I'm getting hungry and it's a grapefruit for breakfast for me.  I have noticed that since I gave up the white flour and white sugar I'm feeling stronger.  Making a decision to do something different was good for me.  I seem to get tired of the same old same old, which is why I don't do well on those diets where they tell you what you can and can't have.  I'm way too much of a control freak to be told how to eat.  It works for a time, but time runs out quickly once I'm bored with the food.  I'm discovering that discovering what works best for me in this process is the absolute best choice.  It has to work for me over the long haul or it will not be a life change.

I am going to rejoice over the pound I dropped, forgetting the two yesterday and pressing on.  Being 14 pounds lighter feels good and I need to learn to be happy where I am.  I think we all need to learn to be happy with where we are...when we arrive, as opposed to getting somewhere and wishing we were somewhere else. 

My Prayer:  "God help us all to enjoy each moment of each day seeing the potential that even a second has for change.  Oh and God I love you...always will, please bless everyone who read this with an awareness of your unconditonal love for them."

Be blessed with a Wonderful Day

1 comment:

  1. Excellent blog Jenny (again:) It's in those "moments" in life that count the most! With Love & Appreciation; WJM

    ReplyDelete