THE RAMBLINGS OF A 52 YEAR OLD WHO'D LIKE TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE WITH HER WORDS

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

I Was Too Mad

I'm sorry I didn't write yesterday, I knew that if I did it would be the horrible ramblings of a woman gone mad.  And when I say gone mad...I mean...I was so mad.  I had a great weekend, a very busy one, but it was productive to say the least.  I worked very hard to ready everything for my new horse.  Once he came I worked even harder.  No time for huge meals, no time to cheat, a ton of exercise, I sweated....seriously...I worked hard.  Not complaining because I enjoyed it.  Made a decision Saturday night that I'm off the demon sugar every day except on Sunday.  To show you that I made a wise decision I added this rule, only one item with sugar in it.  So I made an excellent choice...one large chocolate dipped cone from the DQ.  Oh let me tell you...it was good.

Todays Question:  "Why was I so mad?"

Well, I'm glad you asked.  I was 100% certain that after making good choices all weekend, only allowing myself one sugar treat and getting a ton of exercise, I'd lose weight.  I was actually excited to weigh because I could feel muscles I hadn't felt in years.  To my absolute horror that scale said I gained 5 pounds.  I was fuming.  I could not beleive it so I sat on my bed recalling the weekend.  I no longer have feeding frenzies on the weekends like I used to, in fact I don't change things at all with the exception of Gord making me breakfast both mornings.  I ate one sugar treat but balanced that with two pieces of homemade, whole wheat chicken, feta pizza for supper.  No crazy high calorie dinners out, it was a normal weekend except I did a ton of exercise...okay there is nothing normal about that.  I wanted to throw that scale, I wanted to scream at someone...oh thank you Tessa for listening to your mommy fume and for telling me I probably retained water...you were right.  Those five pounds are gone this morning and I'm back to my 15 pounds lighter. 

Let the record state...I'm still mad at that scale.  I do not understand how you can gain so much weight in one day, freak out when you see those 5 extra pounds and then go back in 15 minutes, weigh again and be 3 pounds lighter.  I didn't stand different, hold the towel bar...well not for long...I let go, drink water...oh I did tinkle, but rest assured I had already done that 15 mins prior...so what the heck?  How can you sweat so much and retain water, raking out a stall makes you sweat.  Brushing a muddy horse makes you sweat and hauling water across the 4 acre yard makes you sweat.  Pardon me for saying but if piddle makes you lighter why doesn't sweating.  Tessa said I might have weighed more because I was building muscle.  Hello...I told her I'd be sitting on my butt in my chair if that was going to happen.  I'm just being honest here, if I have to weigh more to be in shape...it's over.  Muscle weighs more than fat...oh I'll have a pound of fat please sir..if it's lighter, I call that a no-brainer.  I am a results girl people.

I know I'm pitiful...just in case you were thinking it but didn't say it.  I also know that if I had eaten like a...well since it's on my mind...horse, then I would deserve to gain weight and you know from past blogs that I"m not too proud to post my failings.  I tell you I'm always crying out for justice...until I get it and then I'm just crying.  Sad but true.

I'm better now, only half as mad, it does help to tell someone. :)

My Prayer:  "God help us to trust in what we know instead of what we see.  Faith truly is the evidence of things hoped for and not seen.  Thanks for the reminder."

Be blessed with a Wonderful Day

No comments:

Post a Comment