THE RAMBLINGS OF A 52 YEAR OLD WHO'D LIKE TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE WITH HER WORDS

Monday, April 26, 2010

Full Plate

This week is going to be one of those full plate weeks.  Did you think I was talking about food?  I did and I'm writing this blog so you'd think I'd know where I was headed.  I have so much to do this week, we are listing the house so that means work, work and then some more work to ready this house inside and out.  The fencers will be fencing at the farmhouse for the next two days, my hope is that they finish today.  If they don't the next two days will involve horse checks on a regular basis, for two days instead of one.  I have a furniture delivery to get ready for today at the farmhouse...dining room table comes in...Yay!!!!  Throw in some counseling appointments, a ton of cleaning at both houses and I'm thinking, can I skip the main course and move onto dessert please.

Todays Question:  "Have you ever wished  a week was over before it started?"

I want the results of this week and am so looking forward to having everything ready and done.  I'm starting to want to move, that's a huge step for me because it is hard to let go of this house.  Thankfully the fear is gone and now I'm acknowledging that maybe having two houses isn't such a good thing.  I am wearing out as I run from one place to the other, the cleaning two houses isn't all it's cracked up to be let me tell you, let's not mention double bills.  I'm also looking forward to being able to go out my back door to the barn to feed horses, instead of having to get dressed, go feed etc., drive home and then get ready for the day.  It's a little much after a week, can't imagine how it would feel after months.  Hopefully I won't get to find out.

I am so grateful that I have had lots of time to mentally prepare for this move.  I needed to gradually work my way into this huge lifestyle change.  I see that it is blending perfectly with my decision to make a lifestyle change in the area of my hugeness.  :)   I'm not one for believing in coincidences, I see God's hand in everything I do.  His gentle leading has blessed me beyond measure in this process of change.  I'm so grateful for God's timing, it's truly amazing and He really moves at a pace that is perfect for the individual.  I had no idea it would take me months to get comfortable with the decision I made to move.  Trust me Gord cannot be blamed for this one.  It was all me.  He was happy to go along with me and he loves the farmhouse and was ready to live there without the rennos.  Can you imagine?  As soon as the decision was made and the farm was bought my fear of change kicked into overdrive.  It was intense.  I even asked Gord to give me permission to sell it after the rennos were done because I struggled so much with the thoughts of moving, in so many ways.  He did, as you may remember, and then I felt better.  Now I can happily report that I want this change, I still get pangs of sadness as I think about leaving this beautiful house full of memories, but now I'm looking forward to new memories.  My children have so helped me with this, whether they know it or not, their excitement and love for the farmhouse has drawn me forward.  They continue to remind me, by their desire to be with us in both houses that home is truly where my family is.

My plate is full this week, my heart is fuller.  I have so much, and it's not about new houses or old, new horses or new things.  I have amazing children who want to be with me, a husband who loves me so much and works so hard to build me a home I'll be happy in, and we are blessed with wonderful friends.  I think the greater lesson for me this morning is that love is and always has been what fills my heart and makes me feel at home.  Whether my children are on earth, or in heaven, they fill my heart.  Wherever I go and no matter what I'm doing I know that I am loved.  What a blessing that is to me.

My Prayer:  "Lord thank you for giving us all people who truly love us and want to be with us.  Thank you for the reminder this morning that love fills the heart and makes any house a home." 

Be Blessed with a Wonderful Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment