THE RAMBLINGS OF A 52 YEAR OLD WHO'D LIKE TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE WITH HER WORDS

Monday, April 5, 2010

The Man in The Canoe

I put up a new picture this morning and if you didn't notice look closer and near the water falls we saw in Ottawa, you'll see a man in a Canoe, it may be a Kayak, paddling.  Apparently if you want to be in serious shape you do this.  I see the picture from a different perspective this morning after stepping on the scale.  It's not a man in peak physical condition working out, it's a reflection of how I feel...trapped and paddling but getting nowhere.  Weird how the truth of the picture can be distorted by what's going on in my head.

Todays Question:  "Do you ever think you are doing well only to discover that the two cupcakes, the gummy bears and the Easter dinner may have done you in?"

Yep...that's me.  I had company all weekend and for the most part I made good choices, I didn't weigh yesterday because I didn't feel like it mattered...it was Easter.  Way more important than me.  The day before I weighed and was still down 13 pounds, one yummy husband cooked Easter dinner later, some gummy bears, I thought they'd be a better choice than chocolate mini eggs, which I had none of, however, they yeilded the same result, and up went the scale...Jesus arose and that makes me happy...the scale rose...not so much.  How rude! It may be salt because my handsome husband does enjoy cooking with salt, it could also be the pound and a half of butter he used to make dinner.  I don't even want to know how much butter was in those healthy vegtables.  Did you know that just because what you are eating is a vegtable it can be made unhealthy...Gord does.  It tastes amazing, but whatever good the veggies had in them, the butter killed.  It could be the turkey, the ham, the Cheez Whiz buns, do you think it's funny I'm saying it "could be"?  :)

I'm going to see what tomorrow brings before I get drowned by the waterfalls that was yesterdays choices.  No point in beating myself up, it was a long weekend and Easter so a couple pounds isn't worth freaking out over.  I'm seriously thinking about revisiting Jenny Craig to get a grip and see some results.  Since I love that food and I get yummy snacks it's appealing, I'll see how I feel tomorrow.

Oh dear, I just remembered the little mini-indoor farmers market at the mall.  Puffed wheat squares, I bought three and ate them over two days, oh yes and the stop by Tessa's house on Saturday, she made cupcakes, I had two.  Perhaps Gord is not entirely to blame.  Why does my memory work so well when it comes to what I eat?  

My Prayer:  God help us all to make good choices, forgetting what is behind and going forward, and please help me not to lead myself into temptation and help anyone else who may have that struggle as well.

Be blessed with a Wonderful Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment