THE RAMBLINGS OF A 52 YEAR OLD WHO'D LIKE TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE WITH HER WORDS

Saturday, April 24, 2010

You People Were Right.

It turns out that the exercisers of the world, like Shannon, Jenn and Wendy, were right.  I am back down to a 15 pound loss and this morning the scale has nearly closed the gap on that 16th pound.  I dare not report it officially though since my policy is to only count the fully on the line pounds.  Thank you ladies for your comments they encourage me and teach me.

Todays Question:  "Do you ever doubt the things that people with experience say because you are too busy looking through your own lense?"

Guilty!  I read what was posted, knew it must be right, but just couldn't accept it as a fact....for me.  I thought my body was somehow unique, a bit of a rebel, a non-conformist, refusing to let go of weight whether it was the density of my muscle or the blubbery nature of my fat.  Turns out, my body is like everyone elses but my mind has regular visits to the land of delusion.  It's a nice place where you can hold onto any silly thought you like.  That visit had me teetering on the edge of I quit I did my best, and it's not fair my body won't change...so I'm done.  I was feeling, once again, that overwhelming desire to just let the world know that poor Jenny Mernickle cannot lose the weight because she has tried so hard for 7 months and ....sniff....sniff...sniff...it's just not working.  I only cheat when I cheat, I've only lost 15 pounds, I'm only wearing pants I haven't worn for years, all my jackets fit better, even my shoes are looser, my face isn't so fat and I don't care that I'm not eating everything in site.  Did I just say that? 

What is happening to me?

This morning I have new found hope, thanks to my bodies willingness to drop a pound plus when I needed it the most.  Turns out life is fair sometimes and because I didn't quit, didn't eat to drown my sorrows, fought the urge to throw in the towel, I feel stronger.  Yep, all the whinning and grumbling turned into something positive.  Huh?  I'll explain.  Sometimes, I'm learning, you just have to vent, say what's truly on your mind, without hurting other people I add, and go with the grumble.  Let the garbage in your brain flow out of your mouth.  What's the benefit?  You hear how absolutely foolish you sound, realize you are just looking for an excuse to quit and then as my beautiful daughter would say you.."Suck it up princess."  Get over it, deal with it, keep moving forward, press on, don't be a quitter, remember you are doing this for yourself, etc. 

Turns out I like excuses, I need to pay attention to that.  I want some reason, other than me, to blame my failings on.  A mirror is a great thing, it shows us who we truly are, not just the size of us, or the beauty we see, or the beauty we don't think we see.  A mirror, whether it's in your hand or in your mind is an effective tool for inward looks.  Who are you?  What do you want for yourself?  How do others see you?  How do you want them to see you?  All questions I needed to ask myself.  The answers are up to me, they are up to you.  What do you want to reflect and how long do you want your reflection to last?

My Prayer:  "Help us to reflect your glory Lord and to never forget that we are created in your image.  Let us be a true reflection of unconditional love and let your perfect love for us cast out our fears.  Even those fears we have of becoming all that we are meant to be."

Be Blessed with a Wonderful Day

No comments:

Post a Comment