THE RAMBLINGS OF A 52 YEAR OLD WHO'D LIKE TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE WITH HER WORDS

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Lacking Wisdom - Asking God

Every Tuesday I have this overwhelming sense that I lack wisdom, so every Tuesday I ask God to guide me and give me wisdom.  It's counseling day for me and that means I will sit across from someone who is struggling.  I will be expected to shed light, to impart wisdom that will help them in their struggle, to give answers to questions that are hard and painful, and then send them on their way with a sense of hope that they can overcome and make the necessary changes to live a more peaceful and happy life.  No pressure though.  Now you know why I ask God.  Okay I beg God, but whatever.

Todays Question:  "Do you ever feel like God called the wrong person?"

Sometimes I do.  I know He never makes mistakes but I continue to be baffled by the things He leads me to do.  I was shocked when he called me to go back to school to get the training to counsel, I'm certain He knew that I wasn't an honor role kinda girl.  I was a do as much as you have to and then get the heck out, kinda girl.  I'm sure I'd have quit high school if it wasn't for my mom.  She, in her wisdom, told all six of us we could quit school anytime we wanted.  Sweet!  She added; "And you can move out the next day."  I knew that she wasn't kidding, we all did, we all graduated.   I spent the first semester of Seminary working very hard to get great marks and worrying about everything, the first test I wrote nearly killed me.  Next to no sleep and a sick feeling in my stomach the whole time.  The next couple were not any better...but...I got used to tests, used to papers and used to school.  I continued to do well, but I learned to relax and trust that I wasn't quite as daft as I thought I was.  I knew growing up I could do better I just didn't want too.  The fact that my husband was willing to pay for my education and that he believed I'd do very well, inspired me.  I am very grateful that I have him and I remain grateful to him.

What was my greatest lesson in 3 years?   I learned that chosing something is so much better than having to do it.  That is of course not all I learned in those three years, however, that was huge for me.  I like making my own choices and I even like what I learn when I make stupid ones. There truly is a lesson in everything we go through if we are willing to search it out.   I also learned that the more you study the more ridiculous it is.  Every person sees things from their own perspective, I'm no different.  Accepting those differences are key to a more peaceful life.

The title of this blog reflects perfectly the state of mind I seem to live in.  I lack wisdom and I ask God.  I have no idea what anyone truly needs to go forward.  I can't comprehend their pain, even if I've been through a similar situation, I can empathize, but I don't know how they felt.  I need God.  I share my life, I look to bring light into their situation and God in His faithfulness to them, uses me and I feel so blessed.  I amazed that God is always willing to help us, in spite of what we've done or thought.  I'm baffled by this grace that covers so many of my wrongs.  I'm shocked...yep shocked...that He is willing to use someone like me to help anyone.  I know what He's working with. 

My Prayer:  "Help us all Lord to remember that you take the weakest vessels and use them in remarkable ways.  Let us use the wisdom we receive to help others and remind us always that...."All things work together for good for those who love the Lord and are called according to His purpose."  Especially things that make no sense at the time.  :)

Be blessed with a Wonderful Day

No comments:

Post a Comment