THE RAMBLINGS OF A 52 YEAR OLD WHO'D LIKE TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE WITH HER WORDS

Friday, April 16, 2010

Walk In Closets

Yesterday was banking day, normal for the most part until the bank Manager stopped to say hi and ask me how our rennos were going.  I replied very well, he asked what we had done, I told him.  Then he asked if we also gutted the upstairs, I assurred him that we had because I did not like those scarey little closets.  He said, "Awww...good places to hide all that stuff in."  And I said, "They are walk in now, not hiding anything anymore."  He chuckled, I chuckled...blah...blah...blah.  Small talk over, don't get me wrong, he's a very nice man, happens to be the Mayor of Beaumont as well.

Todays Question:  "What is in your closet, regardless of it's size or shape, is it a walk in or do the hiding places abound?"

It's funny how someone talks to you about something, you answer, thinking it's just idle chitter, and then you wake up thinking about it's deeper meaning.  Okay maybe I'm just weird like that and maybe Gord is right...I'm highly analytical.  Whatever, the point is that once I started thinking about how much I hated those closets with all the hiding places, I realized how much I love big open closets that hide nothing.  Then I realized that is a reflection of my life and how I prefer things to be out in the open.  My life is seriously like a huge walk in closet, my closest friends will tell you that is true, my children will agree, however, they may not like it so much.  My clients find out quickly that I'm not the kind of Counselor that sits and makes you feel like a loser, I let you know I"m one too.  You get so much more accomplished when you are honest with yourself and others.  I've preached my life, taught my life and shared my life, while living it of course.  I find that telling the truth is liberating.  Don't get me wrong, there are things that are between my husband and I, my children and I and my friends and I, you will find me to be a trusted confidant and I think we all should be faithful with confidences.  I just find such release in not caring about the mistakes of my past, those that were self-imposed and those that were emposed upon me.  And for the record, I keep making mistakes, I guess I'm just making sure I never run out of things to share.  :)

I love that after becoming a Christian I no longer cared to hide things.  It seems that when Jesus opened my heart He also opened up my life.  All my errors were to be shared, all the things that happened to me were to serve a greater purpose, helping others.  Large scale or one on one, our lives are meant to be shared. I was hiding in a small and dark little closet for too many years, now I have a huge walk in closet, no bedroom can contain it and there is always room for others.  This blog is a reflection of that closet, nothing to hide, I'm overweight, I can be a jerk, I can be hard to live with, I've made huge mistakes, I've done things and had things done to me that I'm not proud of.  But know this...

Romans 8:

1-3. Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus, because through Christ Jesus the law of the Spirit of life set me free from the law of sin and death. For what the law was powerless to do in that it was weakened by the sinful nature, God did by sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful man to be a sin offering.

And...if God does not condemn me then I'm telling you friends I'm not doing it either.  Keeping a small closest with lots of hiding places will never set you free from your past.  Opening up those doors, exposing what's hidden, always liberates and always frees you up to be who you are now meant to be.  Remember, you are not what you did.  I love that truth. 

My Prayer:  Lord help us all to rejoice in our past knowing that it has wonderful potential for the future.  We can be changed and then we can help others to change as well by being honest about who we were and sometimes still are.  Thank you Lord that we are not condemned.

Be blessed with a Wonderful Day.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for being so honest & showing us that it's okay to be "real & that it's okay to make mistakes"!! Jenny, did I tell you lately, just how beautiful of a person you are?!! Well, it's true! Luv you; WJM

    ReplyDelete