THE RAMBLINGS OF A 52 YEAR OLD WHO'D LIKE TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE WITH HER WORDS

Thursday, December 3, 2009

The Application

Yesterday I wrote about slapping my own hand when I reached for those free goodies.  I was instantly convicted as I re-read what I wrote that I  need to follow through with the application of what I put in my blog.  I failed horribly last night at following my own advice.  Chantel my beautiful pregnant daughter-in-law had a jewelry party with her sister Cassie and they filled a snack table with so many yummy treats.  I forgot to repeat my new prayer mantra, you know the "it's not free food" one.  Oh there were healthy snacks and I had few morsels, but the sour candies and the bread with spinach dip, well, that's all I have...well.

Todays Question:  "Do you think I gained weight?"

I sure did, I was not looking forward to the morning.  I"m very happy to report that I did not gain any weight.  I'm sure it is because I resisted the cookies I bought for the people at Gord's office.  Maybe it's because I did not eat the brownies Chantel's mom makes that are so amazing.  I was going to bring some home for Gord but I knew it was a trick, once those brownies were sitting beside me on the drive home, well lets just say,  "What brownies honey, there were no brownies." 

I was very surprised at how quickly I forgot what I wrote yesterday morning.  I usually re-read what I write to help prepare my mind for the next blog, I had honestly forgotten what I wrote.  It hit me smack dab in the middle of that very uncomfortable place.  You know the one, when someone tells you what you said and you deny it, then they give you a you a word for word account and your brain snaps on.  I'm not a fan of that let me tell you.  Don't like it at all actually. 

So, todays lesson for me?  Application!  It's a powerful action word, one I normally embrace with both arms, unless food is involved and then I seem to move both hands to mouth.  I'm going to rejoice in the things I didn't do wrong yesterday and focus on them.  I'll remember I said no to some very delightful things and applied what I knew.  What's done is done and I can't change it...I can learn from it.

Be blessed with a wonderful day.

No comments:

Post a Comment