THE RAMBLINGS OF A 52 YEAR OLD WHO'D LIKE TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE WITH HER WORDS

Thursday, December 17, 2009

How Much Does a 5 Course Meal Weigh?

The title is todays question...the answer is confusing.  Day before yesterday we had a Christmas dinner to go too.  It was so much fun and so well done.  We went to Rics Grill on the Southside, amazing!  The menu was preplanned, we still had a choice but there were 5 courses.  Yikes!  I could not, I mean seriously, say no to a pre-planned meal, throw in the fact that it was free and bam...recipe for disaster.

I was also very thirsty and for some weird reason drank 3 Virgin Ceasers, can someone say pass the salt, never mind the glass was already salted.  I knew I was in for trouble when a new day dawned and I'd be stepping on the scale.  I just went with the flow people, went with the flow.

Yesterday morning, well...I couldn't sleep so I was up at 5am, got home from the party and into bed well after midnight, not good.  I waddled my way to the scale and tried my best to step lightly, my swollen feet made it difficult to feel, up four pounds.  Oh dear!  I went back to bed, not writing my blog now, I'm going to sleep and weigh later.  Got up two hours later and waddled to the bathroom scale once again, thank God, only two pounds up now.  Where in the heck did that other two pounds go?  Seriously...I was sleeping.  Oh well you know what they say, "Never look a gift horse in the mouth?"  I decided I could blog about that but then the phone rang, then I had an apointment, then I had to watch Zayin while mommy went to violin lessons, then I went to the farm house to take supper to Gord and helped with some rennos.  Day gone, didn't blog.  And no...it was not because I gained because for whatever silly reason, it was okay that I'd gained.  That meal was totally worth it.

So this morning...up at 4am wrapped presents couldn't sleep, about to go back to bed it is 6:41am, I weighed and I'm now only a pound and a little bit up.  The salt is gone and the body is being restored....one good choice at a time.  My point, we will always have times in life when celebrations come.  I didn't go crazy but I enjoyed everything I ate...even my overly salty Virgin Ceasers.  That was one day, yesterday was another and today I press on, not forgetting that I have a goal and I will acheive it. 

Be blessed with a wonderful day.

1 comment:

  1. "I heart you, Jenny"!! You make me smile:)
    WJM

    ReplyDelete