THE RAMBLINGS OF A 52 YEAR OLD WHO'D LIKE TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE WITH HER WORDS

Friday, December 18, 2009

I've Destroyed the Evidence!

I'm very happy to report that I am back to a 13 pound loss and the evidence from the five course meal is gone.  Oh Happy Day.  Who knew facing that scale every morning could be a good thing.  I used to think that scale was the problem...turns out I was.  Weird how that happens.

Todays Question:  "How many of you avoid the scale like I used to thinking you are doing great?"

What a huge deception that was for me.  I thought weighing on a regular basis was very bad because it was discouraging and a means of self-sabatoge.  I'd weigh once or twice a week, if I was down I ate cause I was happy, if I was up I ate cause I was mad, if I stayed the same I ate the same.  So I told myself it was bad to weigh.  Funny how I never made the food to mouth connection, funny in that sad kinda way.  I'm happy to report I was wrong, weighing every morning keeps you from convincing yourself that you are doing fine in spite of those chocolate bars and chips.  It is a reality check I think every person should take on a very regular basis. It also has given me that nudge I need to stop the feeding frenzy before it's too late.  When I stepped on that scale the morning after the five course meal the alarms went off...two days later so did the weight gain.  :)

The hardest thing for me is to be honest with myself when it comes to weight.  I feel slim in the morning because I haven't eaten all night, so if I avoid the scale, I can eat what I want for breakfast.  Now I weigh first thing in the morning and the scale helps me decide what my day will be like as far as food is concerned.  No one is more surprised than I am by that.  I loved blaming the scale but those days are over for me...I'm the problem and I can change. 

It is a very encouraging thing to discover that you can be in control of what you eat, I'm shocked, but encouraged.  I've been working on this change for over three months now and I have to say...I'm worth it.  I feel better, my clothes are fitting much better and my energy level is up.  I hope you discover that you are worth it as well.

Be blessed with a wonderful day.

No comments:

Post a Comment