THE RAMBLINGS OF A 52 YEAR OLD WHO'D LIKE TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE WITH HER WORDS

Tuesday, December 8, 2009

STOP IT!

Last night I went to a Ladies Christmas banquet, I won the centre piece, that was a first.  Shocking and very nice at the same time.  My friend Rachel bought me a ticket and it was a beautiful night.  The testimony of the women speaking, Ardele Quiquley, I hope I spelt that right, was sad, remarkable, made me so angry and empacted me greatly.  Her story was one of absolute rejection and abuse from her parents for 98% of her life.  I will not go into the details but I will say that there are people in this world who don't deserve children.  I grabble to understand why people neglect their own because my kids are the best thing that ever happened to me, and so is their dad.  I can't even begin to describe what my grandchildren have done to my heart. 

It is an understatement for me to say that when I hear about people abusing babies, little kids, teenagers and adult children I get mad.  I often want that rope that Jesus said would be tied around their necks if they harmed the little ones, I want to pick the rock that's on the other end, and if I could lift them I'd want to cast them into the sea.  Something deep inside me just rages and I struggle to remember that I am supposed to be merciful.  My beautiful daughter is also very wise, she told me I'd be hurting people who are hurting, I know that she's right.  I have years of training and still my first thought when I hear about the things people do to children is to shoot on sight.  Good thing I"m not packin. 

Todays Question:  "Why would anyone want to hurt a child?"

I want the answer, I know it's because they were hurt, but why don't they choose to do better than their abusers.  Why don't they decide to be better, to act better and value children in the same way they wanted to be valued?  I don't get it and I don't want too. 

I know this does not have alot to do with weight loss.  I'm eating better, making better choices and working to makes the changes I need too to overcome this area of weakness in my life.  I would love more than anything to inspire anyone and everyone who abuses children, like I sometimes abuse food, to have the same goals and make better choices.  Look at the gifts you have, a healthy body is a gift and is one that should not be abused.  A child is a treasure, the best gift you will ever get, second only to Jesus.  There are many types of abuse, emotional, physical and spiritual and so many ways to be abusive in all areas, to ourselves and to others.  Can I just say....."STOP IT!"  No one gets away with abuse in any form, that includes me.  I'm God's child and abusing myself counts, God help us all to stop the abuse in any and every way possible.

Be blessed with a wonderful day.

No comments:

Post a Comment