THE RAMBLINGS OF A 52 YEAR OLD WHO'D LIKE TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE WITH HER WORDS

Thursday, December 31, 2009

2009 - This is What I Know.

It has been days since I wrote last and I've missed it and I haven't.  That is something I know.
I know without a doubt that I've gained weight since I left home and the scale.
I know that not writing has given me a freedom that I don't manage so well.
I know that I'll be sorry I ate all those goodies when I get home.
I know that I eat when I'm emotional, let me rephrase that, I overeat when I'm emotional.
I know that this season is both joyous and sad. 
I know that I always have more to be grateful for than I do to whine about so if sad is the worst
thing I feel at times...it's ok.

Todays Question:  "Does Christmas send your emotions through highs and lows at the speed of light?"

It does for me.  I miss my son the most at Christmas, it was Calvins favorite time of year.  I miss my babies most, they grew up.  I'm very glad they did and they are giving me grandchildren to love and love them I do.  However, Christmas reminds me of every other Christmas and my mothers heart does ache from time to time.  I'm so glad I'm such good friends with my kids, their spouses and I am head over in heels in love with my grandchildren.  I know that they are such a blessing.

I also know that a New Year brings new hope and a chance to do things better.  That of course depends on me making the most of the opportunities that come.  My husband likes to call problems opportunites and he is right, it's how we see what is before us that sets our course.  I know that I need to see with the eyes of faith and put aside my doubts and fears that I will somehow miss some very important aspect of my life.  I know that I need to trust God.  I know that He will not let me down. 

Why do I always seem to forget that He knows and I don't.  Lord help us all to see that you have gone ahead and you alone know what 2010 will bring.  I look to you for renewed vision and passion.  I look to you for guidance and direction.  I look to you for the revival of my spirit, soul, mind and body.  I feel dry Lord and I'm asking for your blessing on the year ahead.  I'm asking you to quench my thirst and water this spiritually barren land I dwell in.  I know you are faithful and I know your desire is to bless.

I love you and I know there is no other God besides you. 

Be blessed with a wonderful New Year, may 2010 truly be about the renewing of our minds.

No comments:

Post a Comment