THE RAMBLINGS OF A 52 YEAR OLD WHO'D LIKE TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE WITH HER WORDS

Saturday, December 19, 2009

A Blanket of Warmth

I had a wonderful sleep last night from 10pm or so to 4:33am, turns out if you only get a few hours sleep the night before you don't need as much the next night.  I tried to go back to sleep but once the brain turns on it's hard to shut it off.  I got up and weighed, good news still down 13 pounds, then I came downstairs and let the dog out, I turned the outside light on to see the most beautiful big fluffy white snowflakes falling gently to the ground.  Our deck was covered with a blanket of snow and I felt this warmth sweep over me.  Everything in the world looked clean again. 

Todays Question:  "Do you ever wish the world had as many brain washes as it does car washes?"

I do!  That beautiful fluffy white stuff, that will need to be shoveled later, reminded me that it's a new day, everything looks different now and it's okay.  I can't describe how powerful those big flakes are when a light contrasts them, it is my favorite time to watch snow falling, when darkness illumates the character of each flake.  And I find myself asking another question, when the darkness in me is exposed what does my character look like?  My immediate answer is....that depends. 

I think that because I grew up watcing the snow fall it has become my character compass.  Children love snow and seem to only notice it's potential for fun.  We grow up and the snow falls and we see work, cold and poor driving conditions, only the snowmobilers and skiers seem happy.  This ought not to be my friends.  Snow in its stark contrast to all that is dark and dingy should remind us that we are cleansed, that our brains can be refreshed and settled, peace can be restored.  As I stood looking out the window I felt clean, yesterdays struggles didn't seem so significant and I felt like my brain had been to the car wash. 

My character is flawed, my Saviour is not.   I love that we will all be clothed in white and when we see Jesus we shall be like him, for we shall see him as He is.  I'm so grateful to God this morning for reminding me that in spite of my weaknesses I am covered in a blanket of warmth.  That blanket covers us all and it is His love my friends, "

Be blessed with a wonderful day.

No comments:

Post a Comment