THE RAMBLINGS OF A 52 YEAR OLD WHO'D LIKE TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE WITH HER WORDS

Sunday, December 20, 2009

Surprise Visits

Not all surprises are good but it's a really good day when my sister and her kids come to visit.  This time Dave came too but sadly, no Tyler...we'll see him after Christmas though so Auntie Jen can make it.  Little Emma is lying beside me as I write and her pretty face and her beautiful smile makes my day so good...and I haven't even got up yet.  All three of my sisters girls are so beautiful and so much fun to be with.  They have been a constant source of joy for both Gord and I since the day they were born.  Tyler is 6'4 and one of the sweetest, funniest and most loving young men I know.  I often wonder how I got to be so blessed to have them in my life...mostly I'm just so grateful.

Amy and Sarah are still sleeping, we'll wake them up soon.  They came to go shopping at West Edmonton Mall and then go see Candy Cane lane.  Doesn't that just sound like fun, except the West Edmonton Mall part...yikes.  I'm sure it's a zoo with only 5 days till Christmas.  My cute little Emma was born on Christmas Day and she is such a blessing...almost as wonderful as Jesus.  I love surprises like my nieces and visits to see our new farmhouse. 

Todays Question:  "What do you think is your best surprise?"

I can tell you that mine usually have to do with people that I love, nothing makes me happier than being surprised by those same people...whatever they do for me I'm blessed.  Speaking of surprises...I am still down 13 pounds...and it's only 5 days till Christmas...I thought that by now I'd be packing at least 3 or 4 more pounds of holiday cheer/chocolate/baking.  But no...so now I must be very careful not to relax and over indulge.  I still have the holidays and the Christmas dinner to make it through...God help me.

I pray you have a great day full of good surprises and the people you love the most.

Be blessed with a wonderful day.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks Jenny! Say a big hi to Dave, Connie & the girls too. Not sure if the two older gals remember us...but I can't agree more strongly about our loved ones & the special blessings they are in our lives. Enjoy! God is sooo good. I'll be thinking of you, especially squeezing your way through the stores at WEM. It can be "kinda" exciting tho'... <3 WJM PS B was so happy to hear from u:) THX

    ReplyDelete