THE RAMBLINGS OF A 52 YEAR OLD WHO'D LIKE TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE WITH HER WORDS

Sunday, December 13, 2009

The New Word for Lost

I just finished the wonderful breakfast in bed that most adoring husband cooked for me.  I'm so spoiled and I love my husband so much.  A great man is a great blessing.  I was thinking, after I ate all my breakfast of course, that it was a good thing I got up and weighed before I ate.  I am still down thirteen pounds and that was such a relief.  I wondered when I lost one pound after another if I would find them as quickly, some things should really stay lost. 

Todays Question:  "Does anyone else not like the word lost?"

I think it's one of those dual meaning words.  Like tear a strip off and my eyes tear up, only it's not defined as such.  I always find that when I've lost something I'm looking for it, I have to find it.  If someone else loses something I want to know if they found it.  I don't like when something is lost.  I'm so glad that Jesus came to seek and to save that which was lost...so glad.  I never liked it when people said they were sorry I'd lost my son.  I never lost my son, I know exactly where he is.  I knew those people were not trying to upset me, they were trying to comfort me, I'm the one who does not like the word lost. 

I need to find a new word to define my weight losses, maybe reductions, too big, how about my weight droppings, kinda gross.  I don't mind saying I'm a down a pound but then if I'm down does that lead to depression, do you see what I mean about words?  If I could tell you my weight I could just post it, not likely that's going to happen anytime soon though.  I need a new word...something encouraging, something positive and something that dosen't send a message to my brain that I should find what I lost. 

I got it...took me awhile...but I got it.  I am thirteen pounds....lighter.  Yay, lighter, that's not heavy.  It makes me feel happy, you know cause I'm lighter.  It makes me feel hopeful because in every sense light is a great word.  It helps people to see, makes burdens easier to carry and shines new hope into the darkness.  Why didn't I start with that, oh well better late than never.

From now on I will be lighter and God knows I have no desire to be heavier.

Be blessed with a wonderful day.

No comments:

Post a Comment