THE RAMBLINGS OF A 52 YEAR OLD WHO'D LIKE TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE WITH HER WORDS

Sunday, December 6, 2009

Fearless

The area of my life where I need to become fearless is kinda weird for me.  I weighed this morning and I think I'm down 12 pounds, I'm afraid to admit it and since I can still see that tiny space between the line I'm clinging to 11 pounds.  I discovered this morning as I stood looking at how close I am to a 12 pound loss that I'm afraid to be down again.  It's either because I don't want to report another gain, or I'm struggling with my own success.  In reality both are true. 

Todays Question:  "Are you afraid of succeeding?"

I think in my case the answer is a resounding yes, not in every area of my life but certainly in some.  I wish they were not such important areas but they are.  I know my giftings and I like to sit on them, if I don't use them I can't fail.  If I don't put my thoughts, feelings or ideas out there...no risk of being hurt.  So I live in fear and don't like to admit it.  Fear of succeeding, pretending I'm safer not to bother.  No pain ....no pain!  That seems to be my motto and I'm not so comfortable with it anymore.  It seems to me like I'm the person who got their talent from Jesus and buried it, just to keep it safe.  I don't want to look at how harshly that servant was dealt with and I certainly don't like the thought that someone else will get my gift if I don't use it.  Reality is hitting me hard this morning.

So now what?  It's time to move, acknowledge that I have been gifted, just like you, and if I want to receive other gifts as I use the one I have, I must be going forward.  I have got to embrace my gifts, my successes and remeber they are gifts.  A gift is something you don't brag about, you don't deny it, but you don't act like it had something to do with you.  I have been entrusted with and given a gift from God and I have not been faithful with it.  If you have been neglecting your gifts because of your fears...like me...then I pray you would join me in becoming fearless regarding those giftings.  Failure defined in this world does not even remotely resemble Gods point of view.  I fail when I don't do...not don't try...don't do. 

So do and so act like it does not matter what the result is...just keep doing.  That is my new definition of fearless. 

Be blessed with a wonderful day using your gifts for His glory.

                                      Jenny    :)

3 comments:

  1. enjoyed this one Jen.

    Vaness

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh ya and i like the christmasy background :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jenny; I really liked your thoughts & read this from my little "Days of Wisdom for Busy Women" flipbook....It says; "You have achieved success if you have lived well, laughed often, and loved much"! You always encourage me and I am continually praying for you. YOU ARE SUCCEEDING Jenny - Keep it up! PS...This devo was dated on Dec. 6th also! Pretty cool eh?

    ReplyDelete