THE RAMBLINGS OF A 52 YEAR OLD WHO'D LIKE TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE WITH HER WORDS

Wednesday, December 9, 2009

More Please!

No not more food you silly, more awareness.  I'm looking to be fully aware, to watch not only what I eat, but what I say, how I act and what I do.  I would like to be aware of how I present myself, to pay attention to what others think of my behavior.  I want to know that my children and grandchildren see God's love when they see me and here is the hard one...I want Gord to know that I love him by my actions not just by my words.  I so often get convicted that of all the people I love in this world, he's the one I treat the worst.  I've got the training to know better and still I can excuse that away with these words, "I love him the most that's why he sees the worst of me." 

Todays Question:  "Do you ever justify treating your husband, children or friends badly because you love them so much?"

You know the saying, you only hurt the ones you love.  How stupid is that.  It should say, you willingly hurt the ones you love because they love you enough to put up with it.   Should that be a truth in your life?  It shouldn't be in mine and I need to grow up enough to treat the people I love the best and treat those I don't know yet, like they may be someone I love one day.  Wouldn't that be great?

I'm asking for more please Lord, I want to remember how very blessed I am to have a man who loves me so much, does so much for me, works so hard for his family and spoils me in everyway he knows how.  I want more power to shut my mouth, to food yes, but above all to hurtful words, to stinky attitudes and the thoughtless and cruel comments that spew out from my lips, they would be so much prettier if they were closed.  If you think I had a fight with Gord know that I didn't, I just hear myself sometimes and wonder why he puts up with me. 

I'm finding success in denying myself.  Didn't really think there was any way someone could be successful and deny themselves...who knew?  I thought more was more, not less.  Turns out I need more wisdom as well.  Balance is more!  Help me Lord to balance my tounge, my heart, my mind and my appetite.  Set a guard over my mouth Lord that I might not sin against you, I need to be more...like you.

Be blessed with a wonderful day.

No comments:

Post a Comment