THE RAMBLINGS OF A 52 YEAR OLD WHO'D LIKE TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE WITH HER WORDS

Wednesday, December 2, 2009

The Sneaky Snacks

I have noticed that those sneaky little Christmas snacks are finding their way into my hand or onto my plate...as of late.  Oh dear, I don't like those sneaky snacks, well I do but I'm concerned about how much difference they'll make when I step on that other thing I don't like, that would be the scale. 

Todays Question:  "Can you tell I haven't weighed in yet?"

Maybe today I'll just "weigh in" with my opinion to change it up a bit.  I'm doing it for you, I certainly don't mind weighing in.  Ha!  Okay fine, I'll be right back.  (She said as she sat her computer on her pillow beside her massage chair, she was hoping the pounds would be massaged off. Good luck with that!)

So the full moon out my bedroom window this morning is amazing, that's  not something I've ever seen before and I've lived here for over 14 years now.  Now where were we...the scale yes that's right, I am pushing it but I remain at 11 pounds down.  Praise the Lord.  This is why I weigh everyday and not once a week, can't imagine how I would lie to myself if I had a week to accountability.  Oh wait a minute did I say I couldn't imagine, let me change that, 30 plus years of diets have shown me clearly that once a week weigh ins don't work at all for my delusional mind. 

I will be slapping my own hand for the rest of the week if I reach for those free chocolates or goodies that seem to be everywhere.  I have yet another Christmas party this weekend and that means more yummy free food.  I have got to get that "f" word, as in free, out of my head.  It's not free, it's not free, it's not free, that's going to have to be my meditation mantra.  We all know I'll pay in the "end" if I don't.

Be blessed with a wonderful day.  Jesus loves you.

P.S  Thanks to my beautiful daughter Tessa who made my blog so pretty and ready for Christmas.  She is one of the best gifts I ever got.

No comments:

Post a Comment