THE RAMBLINGS OF A 52 YEAR OLD WHO'D LIKE TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE WITH HER WORDS

Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Charlie Browns Teacher

Sometimes I feel like my favorite character from the Charlie Brown cartoons, yep, the teacher.  I quote her so often, mwaaah, mwah, waaah, mwah, nah, mwah, that's the closet I can come.  I love that she never says a word, it's like blah blah blah, but she doesn't even make it that clear.  I have noticed that there are times in my life when I know I'm talking but all I hear is Charlie Browns teacher.  I usually close my mouth when I hear that sound in my head. 

This morning I heard her voice as sooon as I hit the New Post button on my blog.  That's not a good sign.

Todays Question:  "Do you ever feel like you have nothing worthwhile to say?"

I do, especially since I started blogging.  Tessa tells me that I could become very narcissistic if I keep blogging about myself.  She'd just seen the movie Julia & Julie.  I assured her that I am way too self-deprivating to worry about that. 

My point, I am often surprised by how words affect people, even more surprised how actions do.  I know I shouldn't be but I am.  Writing this blog has helped me in so many ways, I write feeling one way and another person responds and what I've written stirred up a whole different set of feelings in them.  I often hear a sermon and while it's being spoken I'm hearing a whole different message inspired by one word or sentence said.  It's amazing how the mind works.

Some days I feel like I've mastered this eating right thing, others I feel like I've lost it.  I am still thirteen pounds lighter, and I'm very happy about that because those chocolates have been showing up way too often.  Telus sent me a free box for being a great customer, okay I chose them over a free night at the movies, mwah, mwa, blah, blah.  Once you've had a Purdy's chocolate you just want more, so while shopping at the mall yesterday I bought two almonds clusters.  I used to buy a whole bag so changes are being made...thank God.  I do find myself a little fearful about how I'll do through this wonderful season of plenty. 

Please mind don't wander off and forget your goals, please Lord help me not to become Charlie Browns teacher and mwah my way through clear direction to make good choices.  I'm going to need to stay focused so that I can report on January 1st, 2010 that I am still lighter.  I pray you are strengthened in whatever area you look for change as well.

Be blessed with a wonderful day....in spite of my ramblings.  :)

1 comment:

  1. No matter what you share Jenny...it's always "thought-provoking & insightful"! Thanks again for putting your heart on your blogging! You are simple amazing for touching lives in the way you do! Keep it up....We all are rooting for you! WJM

    ReplyDelete