THE RAMBLINGS OF A 52 YEAR OLD WHO'D LIKE TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE WITH HER WORDS

Friday, December 11, 2009

Did they say Eat Right or Yeah Right?

Bet you thought I had a bad day yesterday with that title...I didn't I lost a pound for a total of 12 pounds lost.  Remember thursday Grandma has no time to eat, an adorable little one year old keeps her moving. (I was kidding about having no time to eat, like that would happen.)  Zayin is very good at making Grandma eat better though, since I want nothing but the healthy foods for him.  It's funny how everyone thinks we grandparents are all about junk, my husband says that can only happen if we are not babysitting.  Smart and handsome, no wonder I love him. 

I'm remembering this morning a young second cousin of mine, who at the time was not a man of faith but wanted his about to be born baby to go to church.  I asked him this question, "You are concerned about your unborn babys soul but you are not worried about your own?"  He smiled at me and said.  "Yes, that's right."  There was nothing I felt to say to that but it amazed me.  He has four kids now and they all attend church with mom an dad, God is so good.  I find myself thinking about him this morning as I consider how I want the best foods for Zayin, Shannon, Nicholas, DJ and Joshua, but I fight to eat right myself.  I am like my second cousin, I want better for my grandchildran than I do for myself.  There is something very wrong with that picture, once again it's me.  It would appear that I have indeed heard wrong, it is eat right and not yeah right.  Rats!

Todays Question:  "Why is it so hard to do the right thing?"

I was going to say regarding food, but I find it hard to do the right thing in so many areas of my life.  I would have to say that the hardest struggle for me, after eating right, is driving with a good attitude.  I can get mad at bad drivers in a fraction of a second.  It's not pretty.  I hear myself say the words, moron, idiot, get a license, learn to drive you ding dong, what the heck is the matter with you, etc.  I don't swear but boy do I feel like it.   Oh and I love to give dirty looks, shake my head and smack my lips, I avoid hand gestures in case they are packin.  Pitiful isn't it?

I am finding that once you start to look at what you are doing wrong in one area, the microscope seems to move on its own to other areas.  Could someone tell me who invented blogging, me and my car would like to know.  I'm kidding, I actually love having to think each morning about the changes I need to make in my life.  It is really good for my soul.  I am going to master this eating right thing one day at a time and nobody better say...yeah right.  :)

Be blessed with a wonderful day.

1 comment:

  1. Woo hoo! 12 pounds!
    I have to learn to stop yelling at other drivers too. Juliana is starting to repeat what I say (which is nothing bad out of context, but still not what I want to teach a 2-year-old).

    ReplyDelete