THE RAMBLINGS OF A 52 YEAR OLD WHO'D LIKE TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE WITH HER WORDS

Sunday, March 7, 2010

Boy Did I Exercise

I finally had a day where exercise didn't feel so laborious.  I rode my bike to the farmhouse, then I worked outside for hours, loading, unloading, cleaning, sweeping, bending over to pick up garbage and then walking it to the pile, organizing, etc.  I can honestly tell you...it was fun.  I hope nobody fell over, I nearly did.  It would appear that I don't mind exercise when it's a beautiful sunny day.  I just don't want to workout in my basement, no matter how nice it is.  I am really encouraged because I think once our rennos are done and we move into our new farmhouse exercise will not be a problem.  Just walking from the house to the barn, something I will be doing multiple times a day once the horses come, will be 85% more walking than I do now.  Add to that, two acres that will need to be mowed, okay it's a ride on but I have to get on and off, work with me people.  I'll be hauling water, sweeping porches and decks, hauling word for our wood burning fireplace in the house and the garage, feeding, cleaning up after and riding horses.  Oh what fun!  And I mean that.  When I'm working with or for horses it just does not seem like work. 

Todays Question:  "What do you love to do that is exercise but does not feel like work?"

I'm looking for tips.  I know that walks with friends and loved ones never feel like work.  I enjoy bike riding because in my head the bike does all the work.  I just ignore the fact that I have to peddle and enjoy the view.  I love to swim but for some reason don't go do it, I blame Lucie she has such a nice pool in her backyard in Palm Springs that now I'm spoiled.  I want to walk out the patio door and step into the pool, I don't think my little dug out at the new place will give me the same result.  I have discovered that I don't really mind exercise if I don't think I"m doing it.

I am so glad Spring is finding it's way to Alberta.  We really did have a beautiful winter, only one week of very cold temperatures and then so many record breaking warm days.  I loved it, but I love winter, for those of you who don't, I recommend a place in Palm Springs or somewhere warmer, with a pool. Once you have that place feel free to invite me, I'll come help you exercise.  Call me your traveling personal trainer....I don't mind at all.

I hope this day brings you joy and strength for whatever your life has you facing.  I pray you find your way to fun exercise that will heal your mind and strengthen your body.  I felt so good riding my bike in the sunshine, it warmed not only my heart but touched my soul.  We are surrounded by beauty and given so many amazing sights to see.  God is good and the beauty of His creation continues to bless me.  I pray that you also....

Would be Blessed with a Wonderful Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment