THE RAMBLINGS OF A 52 YEAR OLD WHO'D LIKE TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE WITH HER WORDS

Friday, March 19, 2010

Serious Rebellion

I am a women who needs work.  Yesterday started out like any other day, healthy breakfast, but too busy chasing Zayin to blog.  Grandma was tired because I didn't sleep well so my energy was low but Tessa had school until 3pm so I knew I'd need to keep going.  I had salad for lunch, made the cutie an egg/potatoe combo he loved, had a couple bites.  No big deal.  I decided to go into town, Tessa wanted to go to Southgate to get a new watch strap.  No problemo, she also got her hair done, looks amazing as usual.  Zayin and grandma strolled around the mall, oops I see Purdy's, I can just have one or two chocolate almonds I said before, I was already telling myself to get four.  The rebellion begins.

Todays Question:  "Do you see your failure coming and dive into it anyway?"

I sure did.  I got four chocolate almonds clusters, Zayin maybe ate half of one.  Too much chocolate for baby means trouble keeping him in the stroller.  I may be a rebel...I am not an idiot.  Tessa wanted Starbucks so we strolled there, I got a mineral water, and a blueberry bar...for baby.  Ha...he did eat lots, but certainly not all.  I'm feeling it, I'm doing it anyway.  I am walking around the mall so that is good exercise.  It took 45 minutes for mommy to get her hair done, deduct the stops at Purdys and Starbucks and you get no less than 30 mins of exercise.  Yay!

I needed to celebrate something, I realize I'm grasping.  Home, eat a shrimp, salad for supper, healthy but Gord didn't like the shrimp so I had way too much.  Could be worse I tell myself, lets go to Ikea Gord I want a ride in your new truck.  Okay, the kids are there so why not.  Off we go.  I'm thinking frozen yogurt or dessert.  Let me just inject at this point that I'm not a huge dessert person...pun intended.  HUGE...dessert person.  :)   We looked around a bit but lets be honest Gord was only interested in the hot dogs, I wanted the yogurt.  Did I mention the bit of cinamon bun..probably not.  I spot, because I'm looking in the food section, these rye flour crisps one of my Uncles used to love.  I buy them cause I need to know if they are the same.  They are very low calorie and very healthy please note.  I may not have needed to eat any when I got home, I also may not have needed to put a wonderful covering of Chez Whiz on them, but...how could I write about being in serious rebellion if I wasn't rebelling?  Keep up people I'm a women gone mad.

I had a cup of tea and went to bed, before I found something else to eat.  The worst part of that entire story is that I was fully aware of my rebellion the entire time.  I knew I had self-sabatoge stamped on my forehead and whipped my bangs back to show it to everyone.  How pitiful is that?  The good news...only gained a pound.  I was sure I had more Chez Whiz on that crisp than a pounds worth. 

I'm hoping that the reason for my rebellion was just a case of feeding my overtiredness, I also felt that not blogging that morning contributed to my carelessness.  Turns out this blogging helps me to stay focused regardless of what it does for anyone else.  So selfish of me I realize.  So, I'm going to start again, take this day on and see where it leads.  Maybe tomorrow I can blog about the sunshinny submissive side of me.  Wouldn't that be refreshing?

Be blessed with a Wonderful Day

My Prayer:  Lord bless us with the wisdom and the strength to make good choices each day, forgetting what is behind us and pressing on to our glorious future.

No comments:

Post a Comment