THE RAMBLINGS OF A 52 YEAR OLD WHO'D LIKE TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE WITH HER WORDS

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Thank You!!!

I have a facebook friend who says thank you for every little bonus she gets from me in one of those mindless games I like to play.  At first I was like that's nice.  Then I was like enough already.  Then I noticed other people saying thank you as well, I'm not sure if they were doing it to make fun of those who say it often or if they were genuine.  Then I discovered my overly-analytical side was in overdrive.  That's just another way for me to say, I appear to be the problem.  :)

Todays Question:  "Do you ever over-analyze the thoughts and actions of others?"

I do.  My pretty daughter was doing some University project, she was required to ask couples what one word they would use to describe the person they love.  I of course answered, oh your dad is my an excellent provider, I explained not only financially, but physically, mentally, my best friend etc., but in one word, after those 20 or 30...provider won.  Pastor Bob was over, Karen was working and his answer was beautiful.  Oh that's just wonderfully sweet, and true.  It was Gord's turn.  I could see him thinking, it seemed to take forever for him to say that one word I was hoping for...marvelous...and then it didn't happen, he said a different word.  "Analytical."  And that was it.  His one word description of me was analytical.  Let me define that for you:

an·a·lyt·ic (n-ltk) or an·a·lyt·i·cal (--kl)


adj.

1. Of or relating to analysis or analytics.

2. Dividing into elemental parts or basic principles.

3. Reasoning or acting from a perception of the parts and interrelations of a subject: "Many of the most serious pianists have turned toward more analytic playing, with a renewed focus on the architecture and ideas of music" (Annalyn Swan).

4. Expert in or using analysis, especially in thinking: an analytic mind; an analytic approach. See Synonyms at logical.

5. Logic Following necessarily; tautologous: an analytic truth.

Romantic isn't it?  At first I was very bothered by his description.  I let him know quickly that compared to Pastor Bob's description of his beautiful wife, my one word description from him pretty much sucked.  Gord looked at me puzzled and said; "Well you are analytical."  Matter of fact isn't he?  And in time I learned that he had indeed managed to define me in one word.  Not one I would have ever used to define myself but he was right. 

I like to figure out everything, analyze it, understand it and disect it.  Not the mathematical side of that for heavens sake no...I hate math and don't want to think about it let alone analyze it.  I do however, love to try and figure out the inner workings of the human mind.  Why did someone say that, what are they really saying, what happened in their lives to make them say that, and how can I respond/help/fix, etc.
Boy am I ever in the right profession.  :)

If I could just figure out why my body is so slow to drop weight I'd be laughing.  I remain at a 12 pound loss, I am exercising more, I do count yesterdays playing with Jr., I even ran, hello, what a workout queen. 

Do you wonder how I got from thank you to being overly analytical?  I'll let you figure it out.  For me, the thank you's made me realize that I think too much, that person just likes to say thanks.  Wouldn't the world be a nicer place if everyones biggest problem was saying thank you too much.

So let me just say...thank you and I pray you would be grateful for every gift, big or small, from anyone who has a heart of gratitude and a desire to give. 

Be blessed with a Wonderful Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment