THE RAMBLINGS OF A 52 YEAR OLD WHO'D LIKE TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE WITH HER WORDS

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

My Achilles Heel

Apparently everyone has a weak spot, turns out I have two.  My Achilles Heel(s), Purdys choclate almond clusters, as you avid blog followers know, now I have to add Bite Me Cupcakes, chocolate with butter cream coconut sprinkled icing.  Oh for goodness sake...and I really mean that "goodness". 

About a year or so ago my pretty daughter and her two sister-in-laws decided to start their own small cupcake making business.  They called it, Bite Me Cupcakes, great name.  They came up with new ways to make yummy icings, new and creative ways to decorate these cupcakes and tested multiple receipes to ensure that the cupcakes were moist and melted in your mouth.  The have been very successful at all of the above, and...people buy them.  Well done ladies.

Todays Question:  "Do you ever think that something someone else is doing won't affect you?"

I assure you that in this case of the cupcake making business, I did.  I thought that since I did not like cupcakes it would be just fine with me.  Many times I was asked by either, Tessa, Maura or Erin to taste, or comment.  I did from time to time oblige the pretty girls, but for the most part I could live without them.  The problem, the more they experimented the better they got, they dealt with the dry cake issues, they dealt with the too sweet issues, their decorating got better and better and then they came up with the choclate butter cream icing cupcakes with coconut sprinkled on the top and I knew instantly why they called it deviled choclate cake.  Stupid yummy cupcakes.

So maybe I ate three of those yesterday, I was suppose to have two for lunch.  Sometimes when you are watching what you eat you need to say lunch is dessert.  Just to keep your sanity.  I said sometimes, that's important.  The third one Tessa had set out for someone from Dave's work, how was I suppose to know that.  I thought I was responsible for getting the other dozen to Gord's work.  After finding out that I was not trustworthy, Tessa said she was getting Christian to take them to work for her.  When it was time for me to leave she looked at me with that face and then said, "Can you be trusted to get these to dad?"  I said, "NO!"  Then I got the are you kidding look that only one of your children can give and I said.  "I simply cannot resist those cupcakes Tessa."  Christian saved me from myself and agreed to take them. Her look of disbelief was no where near as bad as Tessas.

Zayin and I shared the first three, so I still felt I had a couple more coming, I shared people.  I knew if those cupcakes were sitting beside me once I got in my car, well, they'd be what I call fair game.  I knew that when I drove away from Tessas house and knew she couldn't see me anymore, the lid would come off before I reached the train tracks (one minute drive) and I'd have finished one while crossing.  Seriously, would you trust me with a bag of Purdy's chocolate almonds?  If you said yes...shake your head and think again.  Remember...Achilles Heel.

Who knew a cupcake making business would get me into so much trouble.  Not I said the goose, I don't like cupcakes remember.  Silly me.  I have two extreme weaknesses where sweets are concerned and now you know them both.  A long time ago I thought I'd learned to never say never because you always end up eating those words...I don't like the taste of words.

Please note that yesterday I threw away a DQ dilly bar because it didn't taste good.  I have some control, just so you know.  And last night...very small little dinner...no weight gain here praise the Lord. 

My prayer:  Lord help me and others who struggle, to avoid temptation when we don't seem able to resist it.

Be blessed with a Wonderful Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment